Don't buy Nissan, Parts expensive, worst Service (specially Rutu Nissan Thane)

By for Nissan Micra 2012-2017 2016-03-07 16:50:58.0
  • Appearance

Pros : None

Cons : Poor quality of parts, service, expensive maintenance

Very bad experience with Nissan India. After 2 years, it will start giving you trouble for its expensive parts. They have a very cheap quality of parts which start failing after 2 years, so make sure you buy it with an extended warranty period. It starts with push button (keyless), so you can enjoy starting/locking car without the key, but when it fails for an electric part then you will be in pain of expenses.

I will give recent experience example.

When I tried to start my car using the push button start and it didn't start. Nissan service center guys diagnosed the car and said that Electric Steering Lock Unit failed and we have to replace it. That part is also very expensive (cost me 45000 INR), so I asked what could be the reason for this failure of such an expensive part. They said that might didn't get sufficient voltage due to the battery issue. That answer didn't satisfy me because the flat battery can happen anytime and it doesn't mean that it should screw such an expensive part within 3 years of the life of a car. And one more thing is that my car went for service in Ritu Nissan service center, Thane just 15/20 days before. Then during service why they couldn't identify any battery issue if there was any.Now I am afraid of touching that push button which can fail electronic parts and scarier when I will drive my car to any remote place and this situation happens because after this failure your car will not start by giving even jump start. So, the only option will be to pay for expensive towing service.