Nissan Micra Active Safety

• Appearance

Pros : Safety, exterior looks, space

Cons : Thin dealer network, pick up, interior looks

After a long research and multiple test drives of various hatchbacks I decided on buying Micra Active. It took about 30 days to make the choice.

Looks: The car shape is not conventional, it's a bit odd but still looks good. Atleast better than Celerio and the tiny feel of Grand i10. I love the back lights though. The interior feel is good, except for the AC vents that feel from the cars of 90s.

Comfort: The front seats are well postured, they are comfortable and give good support to the back. But the back seats needs some change done by Nissan. They are very small in terms of thigh support. But good thing is that they have a neck support with adjustment. Back leg room is good enough and also 3 average built people can sit well.

Driving comfort is fine, steering is light weight and listens to the driver well. The car suits well for city driving.

Pickup - Pick up is one thing I am not ahppy about. It's a 3 cylinder engine, so it cries if you push the accelerator a bit hard. You can feel sounds from the engine and with AC on, it's a nightmare. I have to downshift to lower gears for more power. This car might not be well suited for ghat drivings, highways can be supported to an extent.

Mileage - At present with A/C at level 2, I am getting FE of 12kmpl as avg. My cars is due for my first servicing so I am expecting the FE to hit 14kmpl, which is good for a 1200 CC machine.

Best Features: The only reason for selecting this car was safety features. No car in the market comes with these features of ABS, EBD and Airbags at this price tag. I also had Grand i10 in mind but it was smaller and 1 lac more than Micra Active XVS. Also, as said the steering is very light weight and one can have good control on the car.

Needs to improve: Thigh support at the back seats, powerful engine, interiors need some improvement, especially the AC vents.

Overall Experience: Good, would suggest this car to others. It's a good buy for city driving and for a small family.

Comments Nissan Micra Active