Maruti Vitara Brezza - An SUV dream fulfilled

By for Maruti Vitara Brezza 2016-08-06 12:00:04.0
  • Appearance

I was searching the market for the past 6 months to buy an SUV and I was drawn towards the Creta. However, the price was a deterrent since my desired model would have cost around 15 lacs. It was then that that Brezza was launched and on my first visit to the showroom, I booked it.I bought a Maruti Vitara ZDI+ (the top end version) for Rs 11.3 lacs. On 10th June and in the past 2 months I have done 2000 km. So I think my review might help people wanting to book the car now. There is a long waiting period of 6-9 months currently, however, I must say if you are not in a pressing need immediately, it is a fantastic value for money SUV in the sub-4m segment.

Looks : The front grille gives a bold smiling impression and the height too is pretty good. The tail light cluster is beautifully designed and the sides too look great . We took the sporty package in the accessories which gave a wonderful chrome finish to the front grille and the sides have a silver cladding on the lower side which makes it look like a sports car.

Interior : The car does feel a lot roomier on the inside with good finish black interiors. There is an instrument cluster which gives it quite a cockpit kind of feel. There are a lot of storage spaces created and one can store a big bottle on the door shelves. The cool glove box adds to the zing. The interior makes it give quite a premium feel and I bet you would not be disappointed considering the budget.  The car comfortably seats 5 people and in case you are tall( 6 feet) you still would enjoy the headroom and legroom in the front seats. The touch screen infotainment is a real beauty.

Drive and handling : The gear shift is fantastic and the drive is pretty smooth. The driving stance gives you the SUV feel which takes you to a high.Once the windows are rolled up, the noise from a diesel engine is not heard. The brakes apply well even at a speed which you can expect with ABS thrown in.The cruise control in this price point is a delight and you actually need to experience it.

Fuel Efficiency : I think I have reserved the best for the last. The average before the first 1000 km was around 16 . However, after I got my first service done the average has jumped considerably and it is a phenomenal 20 kmpl in city driving. Yes, this is with the AC.

All in all, I must say that you would fall in love with this car on looks and features and the value for money will make it a bestseller.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this June