Nothing swifter than my Maruti Swift

• Appearance

Pros : Great looks, amazing mileage and pick-up

Cons : None

Look and Style:  I love the looks and style of Maruti Swift as I find them extremely trendy and in vogue. I remember people cursing the looks of the car when launched, while now we see most of the car makers following the same design and style. The car introduced a new range of design curves which I like a lot. I have got a silver colour as I feel the car looks extremely pretty in the same. The styling of the car is unique and the people at Maruti Suzuki need to be credited for that.

Comfort: The car is extremely spacious and comfortable to drive. The leg room is enough to accommodate people with a good height and so is the head room. The car offers extremely smooth gear shift which makes the drive a fun ride.  The power steering is very smooth and makes the car glide like butter on a toast. Trust me I am not exaggerating with this as the car is really superb.

Pickup: I have driven so many cars in my life and among hatchbacks, I found Swift to possess the best pick-up and driving acceleration. The moment you key in the car it accelerates like how. The accelerator is very smooth. I have driven at a speed of 130 kmph and trust me on this, there were never any rattles and vibrations.

Mileage:  I get a mileage of around 15 kmpl in city areas with the AC switched ON. I am quite happy with the same as the car proves economical to my pocket on a monthly basis. The highway drive of the car is also very nice as I have been to Pune, Goa and other spots with my Swift. The car is a complete pleasure to drive on highways. We never felt tired after a highway drive in swift.

Best Features: I love the looks of the car a lot as I find them to be very trendy and peppy.

Needs to improve:  I really can;t think of anything under this area as the car is simply perfect for me on every area.

Overall Experience: Very nice. It was the choice of my wife and she was very clear on that. I was a bit confused between the Swift and Ritz. However, after the purchase, I am so happy that the car turned out to be a great performer.

Comments Maruti Swift
  • manas |09 Nov,2010 03:02:54 PM

i bought my swift 4months back and it has covered around 2500kms but i get a mileage of around 10-11 kmpl in city(Mumbai) with AC. How come u get a mileage of 15kmpl?

• mujeeb |09 Nov,2010 05:29:10 PM

v owned swift to howmeh

• abhishek |09 Nov,2010 08:20:53 PM

when will the new swift will lanch

• tutyraman |10 Nov,2010 07:14:11 AM

I totally agree with the view of manas in respect of mileage. It gives 10-11 kmpl in city (chennai)

• Awadhesh |10 Nov,2010 03:16:34 PM

I totally agree with the view of manas and tutyraman in respect of mileage. It gives 10-11 kmpl in city (New Delhi). I think its not good for middle class users.

• hegde pradosh |10 Nov,2010 07:32:41 PM

the front bumper brushes the grnd very often.. raise the height or change the design

• Suhash |10 Nov,2010 10:06:12 PM

The new swift which is going to be launched in 2011 is even more funky.

• alex |13 Dec,2010 11:15:42 AM

to get better mileage, you have to drive swift between 40-60 kmperhr @ top gear. driving at this speed may be boring, but getting 20kmperliter mileage is amazing. I tried and got it !!!

Maruti Swift review scorecard