My Dzire Gives A Swift Drive

• Appearance

Pros : Great comfort, smooth drive, Spacious interiors

Cons : None as such

Let me start my review by giving a clear picture of the fact that why I chose to buy a Swift Dzire. With my budget under 6.50 Lakh I had the options of buying either a Linea, Manza , Logan or Dzire. One biggest reason of me choosing a Maruti Car is because I am used to traveling often and Maruti cars can be repaired anywhere and by any mechanic. This gives me the flexibility to travel anywhere without worrying about the spare parts availability. The maintenance cost is minimal in Maruti cars and this becomes an important aspect when one chooses to invest one's hard-earned money in a vehicle purchase. Fiat Linea looks good, but there is nothing more to the car in terms of on-road performance. Dzire gave me good driving comfort when I went on a test drive and the car is really spacious when it comes to the interiors. I found the steering very responsive and effective while driving. There is no doubt that the seating space is not that great in the rear of the car, at least not as great as Manza or Logan. The car gives me a mileage of around 15 kmpl in city areas and I am quite satisfied with the fact. I would like to make a special mention of the air conditioner of the car as the car gets cooled effectively even after being parked in the sun for long. The car comes both in Petrol and Diesel versions but I preferred buying a Petrol version as my monthly running is not more than 600 kms. The car is absolutely safe to drive with features like air bags, electronic brake force distribution and brake assist. I picked the car as it suited all my preferences, and would surely recommend the car for anyone looking for a sedan in this price range.

Comments Maruti Swift Dzire
  • ashish |07 Sep,2010 02:55:03 PM

Be happy with your bull shit. Guys like you can only drive dzire. Shit attracts shit.

• Luv Tandon |08 Sep,2010 12:18:47 PM

15 kmpl a distant dream. Driving one for the past 2.5 years, doesn't give more than 8-9 in city conditions.

• Sushrut |08 Sep,2010 07:26:36 PM

HAHAHA....Did you say Fiat Linea!!! With the budget you had, you couldn't even dream of buying the base model (Petrol) of Linea. Linea's on road performance and mileage cannot be matched by any other car its segment. Swift D'zire doesn't even fit into that segment. Aur rahi baat Manza ki....taking into account the performance, space, features and also the price, Manza is waaaaaaaaaaay more better than a D'zire.

• Sathish Kumar |08 Sep,2010 09:38:15 PM

I think this is a personal opinion of the user, So people, don't shout when commenting on a opinion and do not abuse the writer. Hope that makes sense. You people have found mistake, so be happy to correct it, that's it. By the way if someone says X is their budget, there can be /- !!!! Also the four cars mentioned here, Except Lenia the other three are not very different and fall under same category. Lenia falls in the category of City but looses badly there!!! Happy Driving - SK

• Sathish Kumar |08 Sep,2010 09:40:33 PM

---By the way if someone says X is their budget, there can be /- !!!! --- Some HTML Problem, the line ends as plus/minus!!!!

• Dr Mahesh Shah |09 Sep,2010 02:06:07 AM

I own Linea for last 18 months and would not recoomend to any one. Milage 5.5 in city, Good looks but poor workmanship ( door handles keep falling of, chrome patties keep coming out, the fuse compartment cover has horrible clips holdingit closed: once you open the clips come out and never fit again, doors and seats start squcking, AC not cooling to comforts, not powefull enough for a big car, and they have not been ableto correct it despite giving car four times , i week each time and they do not give you the cabin temperature readings despite repeatedly asking for the same, 24 hour assistance does not respond at night and when they respond in the morning, they will ask you to come to the stalled car at X time for towing the car to workshop and when you reach in time, the will tell you wait for another hour in the sun (May be they want you to have nice Tan or good dose of Vitamin D). Within one year cars stearing and clutch had problems needing rectification, which luckily they corrected satisfactorily. But Imagine if you are in some remote place, repairing would be a hell. It might be cheaper to buy a new car than repair one.

• ashutosh singh |09 Sep,2010 08:38:41 AM

i am totally confused between two cars dzire or manza which one is better please help me. dzire lxi have only ac and power steering and manza providing ac,power steering and window,inter lock and cd player. but performance point of view which one is better

• Marilyn |10 Sep,2010 09:30:56 PM

Go for Dezire. At least whn one has problem there are caretakers. In fiat and tata service centres they are lousy. Performance of dezire is xcllent. Cross your fingers and go for it.

• sushrut |14 Sep,2010 10:31:06 PM

u shud definately go for manza....der is no issue of service for tata cars......n moreover the interiors n features they offer is unmatchable...manza has becum old now....try sumthin new :-) @Dr. Mahesh....itz strange why you get such problems....even i hav a linea....i dont face such problems

• fsdfsdf |30 Sep,2010 11:08:11 PM

Frankly linea is not a running model. D-zire selling is higher than all four of the above car!! there must be something by which people are more attracted towards swift d-zire!! Acc to me u should go for maruti cars ...if ur thinking for both ,quality wise & economically wise!!

• subhash rawat |01 Oct,2010 04:24:56 AM

i want to purchase a car but i want some important things :- mileage , maintenance, and price between 5lakh to 5.5lakh .

• bharat |03 Jan,2011 09:22:29 PM

hi, I m confused to buy between Toyota Etios and Swift dzire LXI Also is it wise to get the Dzire Lxi CNG gas fitted?? pls help

• kjayakarbabu |04 Jun,2012 05:55:00 PM

Though I own Swift Dzire, I recommend some one to take Toyota Etios Liva, because of its looks and other comparisons with Dzire. The cost and boot space is almost same though its a hatch back The Liva has more features when compared to Dzire and power also good. What forced me to take Dzire is the resale value. Undoubtedly, Maruti is the only brand which has more resale value in India. All the remaining are after it.

Maruti Swift Dzire review scorecard