Maruti Swift Dzire - My efficient sedan

By for Maruti Swift Dzire 2016-05-06 20:06:41.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Maruti reliability, fuel efficiency, boot space

Cons : Outdated looks, cabin space, engine noise

I had purchased my Maruti Swift Dzire VDi last year in May. I have almost completed 10000kms in the same and it is due for its second service now. It returned an impressive average of 20kmpl even with the AC on. I am very happy with it and I can get it is very easy on the pocket to maintain as well.

I had a Maruti Alto before this and I am a loyal Maruti buyer. I will also get a brilliant resale value for my Dzire when I sell it later on. The diesel engine is slight noisy at times and the engine clatter is quite audible inside the cabin. I had my eyes on the Honda Amaze as well but then I am more comfortable with Maruti as a brand.

Also, I wish Ford would have launched the Figo Aspire earlier so that I could have bought the same as it seems as a nice car. It even has 6 airbags in the top model whereas the Dzire that I have doesn?t have even one! I should have bought the top-end variant which comes with ABS and airbags and it would have kept me and my family safe.

Hyundai Xcent was also amongst my shortlisted cars but I am glad I chose the Maruti. To sum things up, the Dzire is a good practical family car. I will get a good resale for it, it returns an awesome average of 20 kmpl and is quite cheap to maintain as well. I hope it keeps on bringing more smiles to my face every day !

• cv singh |18 Dec,2016 03:13:05 AM

I feel none of cars in India will have awesome mileage of 23Km/lit on road. Dzire VDI (O) is full fills my all requirement.

• Shoaib |25 May,2017 08:16:13 PM

Please correct the name, it is New desire, not Swift desire. Swift title is no more with desire

Tarun Pratap Singh Chauhan |07 Jul,2017 04:02:28 PM

Bro, its not Desire, its Maruti Suzuki Dzire. First, correct yourself.

• sandeep |15 Jul,2017 04:27:28 AM

outside exterior is too bad especially front grill and body rest of all areas are very nice. due to out side exterior i put hold to buy dzire, thinking about tata tigor.