Rating of Maruti Swift Dzire 2014-2017

Non-alloy wheel given as stepney with different size

for AMT ZDI

Non-alloy wheel given as stepney with different size

I bought a new car and one day I drove it in the night with my family members. Suddenly at around 10 pm my car's left rear wheel was broken due to a hit with a sharp stone piece. I found a local mechanic who changed the wheel with Stepney tyre and he identified that wheel was not alloy wheel. I was also surprised that why they gave me non-alloy wheel as Stepney. Next morning, I went to local mechanic to repair my broken wheel but the tyre was totally damaged and was irrepairable. So, I requested him to replace the broken tyre with the Stepney tyre. I and the mechanic were totally surprised to see that the normal-alloy wheel size and Stepney wheel sizes were different and there was a warning on Stepney wheel i.e. Max speed 80 KM only. This information was not printed in the manual and nobody disclosed during my purchase. If anything happens to me in a mid-night drive, where would I along with my family go? Why Maruti has provided non alloy wheel as a Stepney wheel and that too with a differently sized wheel? And what is the use of that different sized Stepney wheel. This is totally unsecured and cheating attitude from Maruti. On the same unsafe condition, I drove near about 120 KMs, at more than 80 KMs speed. I informed the dealer and went personally. But, No one responded in a proper way.

N