Maruti Ertiga: Gear problem

• Appearance

Pros : Looks and Interiors

Cons : Gear Issues

Overall Experience: We started noticing gear problem specifically while bringing it from 2 to 1 gear while in motion, from 20000 km onwards, on mentioning to the dealer, we were informed that it is little hard and is common and will be ok after some time. At 30000 and 39000km it was again mentioned while getting it serviced but was told yes it is little hard but it is ok. At 45000km it was again mentioned as it was getting worse. On 51000 km problem started coming while in motion shifting from 3rd to 2nd or 1st gear. To my surprise TSR from Maruti agreed for the first time about the problem. But in my service record no where it was mentioned about the regular complaint. Any how company agreed to do the needful at a discount of 50%. On enquiring from other users and a few taxi wala every body had a opinion that the gear is a problem with Maruri Ertiga.

Comments Maruti Ertiga 2012-2015
  • jerald |15 Oct,2014 09:05:40 AM

Ertiga vdi 2012 before 40000km gearbox complaint.

• s singh |04 Nov,2014 02:37:41 PM

I got the gear box repaired from Maruti and got 50% discount, a great gesture shown by the maruti for customer satisfaction. I would like to mention that it was serviced at 54624 kms, and it was mentioned that now we are having a problem while shifting from 4th to 3rd gear, which was agreed upon. On 59 393 KMs when it was again brought to the notice we were told that now again gear box needs repair and estimate was given for Rs. 8,930-00 which does not include other small spear parts as that will be known only after opening the gear box. For giving me estimate Compitent motors charged RS. 348-00 ( a big surprised when from the very first day the vehicle is being serviced by them only). I would like to know if it is expected from a company like Maruti that a gear box need to be repaired for the second time when it has done only 59000 Kms. I would like to get feed back from other users of ertiga as well on my email.- ( ).

• Jinu |25 Jan,2015 11:11:39 AM

Hi mine is Ertiga ZDI 2012 model. Facing almost same issues with gear box. Contact me @ and lets move together against maruti to get our gearbox replaced.

• Arif Husain |12 Mar,2015 12:13:58 AM

Well! i have the same issue started from the First free service and TR SHAWNEY OKHLA,NEW DELHI Motor's Representatives told me it normal and will be okayed after 40K run. I always got my car serviced in the same service stastion but strange there is no mentioning of my complaints in their record.Now since the warranty of car has expired at 40 K Kms and the 2nd gear is stuck i have been told to get it repaired by paying 10K extra.I do not know what to do.

• Viswanath |14 May,2015 09:36:36 PM

I have done grear box change twice. Once at 56K and second time at 69K. The guy says that is a problem with Ertiga and I have no options but to spend 10-15 K each time. Now I am running at 72K and Started seeing problem from 2-3 gear.

• javanya |28 May,2015 06:36:42 PM

I have Ertiga Vdi - 2012 and I'm facing the same gear box problem. my odometer reading is 43 K.......

• s obli |01 Jun,2015 06:02:58 PM

yes i meet gear shifted 3rd to 2nd and 1st problem in my Eritga Vdi 2012 in 80000km

Maruti Ertiga 2012-2015 review scorecard