Life Savior

By for Maruti Alto K10 2016-08-04 15:24:30.0
  • Appearance

Before beginning the review of my life saviour, let me give a quick background on what made me buy a car -

=> Ours is a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 kids, as long as we were 3, 2 wheeler was a boon, the moment we became 4, travel became a bane. We need a saviour to make our travel easy and enjoyable.

=> We are from a middle-class family who had absolute zero knowledge on cars, never had dreamt of owning a car and not to mention cannot afford a driver to ride us every time given the cost associated and privacy reasons.

=> Driving must be made enjoyable and not stressful and learning has to be easier too as none can help given everyone in the family is new to cars.

Given the above context, we decided on going for an automatic variant. Thankful to various reviews by Cardekho, we finally landed on 2 cars that can fit in our budget - Maruti Celerio VXI AMT and Maruti Alto K10 AMT. Finally settled with Maruti Alto K10 AMT as the Celerio cannot fit into our parking space.

The context and the choice would have spoken for why we chose Alto and the below is a brief summary of our experience.

Alto K10 is our life saviour because -

=> Compact car that can fit within minimal parking space

=> Budget Car, lowest in the automatic segment

=> Ideal for a small family with kids

=> Ideal for new learners as the job on the wheel is made much simpler, can learn with very minimal help. Glad to say I became confident on the wheels within 2 weeks of training.

=> Driving with this car in a road with congested traffic is as easy as you ride on a highway.

=> Music system- sure this is the bare minimum anyone would add to the car, having this inbuilt is good, however, it would be great to have the latest model.

=> Good Interiors

=> Child Safety Lock

Anything under earth can always be improved, saying that I would be happier if Maruthi addresses the following on Alto K10 AMT -

=> Lesser boot space in the rear

=> Luggage Space to accommodate a big suitcase which we usually use for travel. Currently, space cannot fit a large suitcase.

=> The gear shift in the AMT variant can be made better - the gear shift no matter how much you press does not change at times.

=> Though the promised mileage is close to 24, we were expecting at least 18 kmpl but to our surprise, we are getting only 13 kmpl.

=> Power window is provided only fro front, it can be given for rear too.

=> Key-less entry can also be provided as this had become very common these days.

=> ABS, Air Bag Variants can also be introduced say as ALTO K10 ZXI AMT which would make it safer.

In general, I am very happy with my new Alto K10. It had addressed my problems of travelling with kids, self-driven assuring privacy and safety of the family. It is a very compact budget vehicle for a small family. I would be delighted if it gets more safety features like ABS and Air bag, wouldn’t mind paying a little more for a hazard-free driving.

Finally, big thanks to all websites out there on cars and the technology that made these handy, you transformed somebody who has absolutely zero knowledge on cars to one who can give reviews the same!

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this February