Quite satisfied

• Appearance

Pros : Mileage

Cons : No music system and suspension not top notch

It has been 7 months that I own this car. The review would depend on what you are looking for :) For me the selecting criteria was mileage. I own the CNG version and I am very happy with my decision of buying the car. Initially, I used to barely touch 200km for 8kg of CNG (Used to be between 180 and 200Km). Mileage of around 22 is for CNG. The car has now run ~11000 and I get a mileage of 30 Km/KG. I fill the tank with ~78KG of fuel and it runs ~240Kms. Now if you look at the running cost it comes down to Rs. 1.33/Km, which is quite commendable. Here, I would like to point out that I usually drive on roads with less traffic (Noida Expressway) and I have not tested the car much with AC running. Did not require it in winters. I assume the mileage would be reduced by 2Km with running AC and by 3-4 Kms when in traffic and AC. Cons- No music system even in the top variant, which is something the company could have definitely included. Furthermore, the suspension is not top notch. However, it is asking too much from a car at this price. Overall I am quite satisfied.

Comments Maruti Alto 800
  • SUBISH PG |12 Mar,2014 02:20:26 PM

it has been 17 months that i own this car 31 10 2012 i bring the car the car has now run 10511 km and i get a mileage of 21 km in hi way 18 km overall gear shift is very smooth and pick up more power full than eon in 4 or 5 people in the car 4th and 5th gear shift pick up is little slow overall alto 800 is good

• Narendra MS |18 Mar,2014 10:05:26 AM

I purchased alto 800 march 2013. In last one year I have driven 7500km. Most of that is highway drive, I am getting 24-26 KMPL (without AC, Fuel=Petrol) if driven at 80Km/h speed.

• Pradeep |15 May,2014 11:01:37 AM

All one year back purchase holder of Alto 800 can you explain about engine maintenance, (F8D) engine performance. CNG system troubles

• siddarthan |16 Jun,2014 12:03:44 AM

call to my number

• Raj |18 Sep,2014 01:57:03 AM

I am thinking to purchase Alto 800, I am in confusion of mileage that how it gives, Please any one suggest me i want genuine answer .

• Raj |18 Sep,2014 01:57:18 AM

• MUSTAQUE ATTAR |21 Sep,2014 04:42:33 PM

• Subhash Chauhan |28 Sep,2014 07:37:55 PM

I,m planing to buy Alto LXi , I hail to hilly area of Himachal, would it be a good to own this variant in hilly area. Please give your views if you are the user of this variant. Spl about Cost, Milege, pick up, ac functioning and running cost and maintenance. I shall be grateful

• dev kumar |02 Nov,2014 07:05:31 PM

i m planing to purchase alto 800 pls give me best deal........

• Raja |03 Nov,2014 01:06:21 PM

I am confused between Alto 800 and Nano Twist XT.. My primary concern is mileage and maintenance cost. Also, handling ease.. Don't care much about looks..

• DHANSUKH |06 Jan,2015 09:51:06 AM

I purchase for alto 800 which car running and how do you maintance for this car

• rahul |14 Jan,2016 07:52:04 PM

First companies used very cheap material in whole there products, just they topi gumma rahey hai customer ki, their is nothing in today's Maruti..bakwass gaddi, copier & workshop are also looting the customer unwanted labour rates& work in air also.

Maruti Alto 800 review scorecard