Rating of Maruti Alto 800

Quite satisfied

b
bas
On: Feb 26, 2014 | 15725 Views

It has been 7 months that I own this car. The review would depend on what you are looking for :) For me the selecting criteria was mileage. I own the CNG version and I am very happy with my decision of buying the car. Initially, I used to barely touch 200km for 8kg of CNG (Used to be between 180 and 200Km). Mileage of around 22 is for CNG. The car has now run ~11000 and I get a mileage of 30 Km/KG. I fill the tank with ~78KG of fuel and it runs ~240Kms. Now if you look at the running cost it comes down to Rs. 1.33/Km, which is quite commendable. Here, I would like to point out that I usually drive on roads with less traffic (Noida Expressway) and I have not tested the car much with AC running. Did not require it in winters. I assume the mileage would be reduced by 2Km with running AC and by 3-4 Kms when in traffic and AC. Cons- No music system even in the top variant, which is something the company could have definitely included. Furthermore, the suspension is not top notch. However, it is asking too much from a car at this price. Overall I am quite satisfied.

Other Alto 800 Reviews