Rating of Maruti Alto 800

Maruthi Alto 800 - cute little boy

V
VIJAYARAGHAVAN
On: Nov 12, 2016 | 23 Views

In mid June 2015 I was looking for car which will help me commute a distance of nearly 80 km everyday (40 km one way). Tough the distance appears to be long for daily commuting it is pleasurable thanks to East Coast Road (ECR) along 20 kms strech each way.

Since the distance to travel each day is fairly long, mileage was the only thing lingering in my mind. Initially I didn't think of engine power; torque etc.

Finally, I have decided Maruthi Alto 800 Lxi to be my companion to travel 80 km daily, which comes with a price tag of less than 4 lakh and a mileage of 20 kmpl (petrol).

The Little boy (You will understand why I am calling my companion "Little boy" in the later part of my write up).

The cute little car was quiet easy to handle. Initially I could not admire much about this car except mileage which was pretty good at around 20 kmpl.

As kms run increase, I could see the engine fine tuned. A little past 7500 kms of use, this little boy started dancing to my tunes. I could make my car rustle to 100 km/h plus effortlessly in the high way.

With more and more kms run this little boy now looks like a champion. Though it is of sub 1000 CC category, in the highway barely one or two cars get past me easily.

I effortlessly over take almost all the cars initially. Even Giants with high power engines could overtake my car only after i reach 115 km/h mark which is the safe zone for my little boy.

Though, it is not surely the car for racing, it gives immense pleasure while driving in highway. One can hold on to 110-115 kmph easily. Beyond this speed, of course it slowly gives up.

Almost all who are at the wheels of high power engines never failed to have a glance at me !!!! and of course at my curte little boy since I surprise them by giving stiff competition; they could get past me only after some struggle.

In city roads, I could drive this car as if I am riding a motorcycle. Very precise length for city roads. Joyfully overtake most of the vehicles on the road with ease. Surprisingly, due to its size, you can get off to a very quick start from the traffic signals.

To conclude: It is the best in its class car for city commuting and high way driving. It refines your driving.... Best car recommended for first time car buyers.

Other Alto 800 Reviews

• R
    Ram
    On: Jul 20, 2013 | 20919 Views

Value For Money Car

Look and Style : Decent looking car,better than its predecessor.Many would prefer Hyundai EON because of its loo...Read More

• P
    Praveen
    On: Jul 03, 2016 | 19717 Views

My First Car Experience :)

Hey Guys, I am not a professional Car Expert. But yes after a driving of over 5500 kms I am writing my experien...Read More

• A
    Ankit
    On: Jan 21, 2013 | 11536 Views

Maruti Alto 800: A Fuel Efficient Car Worth For Money

If you are looking for a less expensive and fuel efficient four wheeler then just go for the all new Maruti Alto...Read More

• R
    Raja
    On: Dec 08, 2015 | 2105 Views

Alto LXi : Value for Money

Look and Style: The car has an evergreen look and chassis, built and used for decades on Indian roads, one canno...Read More

• A
    Arun Babu N B
    On: Apr 05, 2016 | 4767 Views

Common Man's Car

Look and Style: Good look. Not muscular. The looks are good hence, the Alto K10 is given a makeover to look like...Read More

Maruti Alto 800 Further Research