Maruthi Alto 800 - cute little boy

By for Maruti Alto 800 2016-11-12 17:45:57.0
  • Appearance

In mid June 2015 I was looking for car which will help me commute a distance of nearly 80 km everyday (40 km one way). Tough the distance appears to be long for daily commuting it is pleasurable thanks to East Coast Road (ECR) along 20 kms strech each way.

Since the distance to travel each day is fairly long, mileage was the only thing lingering in my mind. Initially I didn't think of engine power; torque etc.

Finally, I have decided Maruthi Alto 800 Lxi to be my companion to travel 80 km daily, which comes with a price tag of less than 4 lakh and a mileage of 20 kmpl (petrol).

The Little boy (You will understand why I am calling my companion "Little boy" in the later part of my write up).

The cute little car was quiet easy to handle. Initially I could not admire much about this car except mileage which was pretty good at around 20 kmpl.

As kms run increase, I could see the engine fine tuned. A little past 7500 kms of use, this little boy started dancing to my tunes. I could make my car rustle to 100 km/h plus effortlessly in the high way.

With more and more kms run this little boy now looks like a champion. Though it is of sub 1000 CC category, in the highway barely one or two cars get past me easily.

I effortlessly over take almost all the cars initially. Even Giants with high power engines could overtake my car only after i reach 115 km/h mark which is the safe zone for my little boy.

Though, it is not surely the car for racing, it gives immense pleasure while driving in highway. One can hold on to 110-115 kmph easily. Beyond this speed, of course it slowly gives up.

Almost all who are at the wheels of high power engines never failed to have a glance at me !!!! and of course at my curte little boy since I surprise them by giving stiff competition; they could get past me only after some struggle.

In city roads, I could drive this car as if I am riding a motorcycle. Very precise length for city roads. Joyfully overtake most of the vehicles on the road with ease. Surprisingly, due to its size, you can get off to a very quick start from the traffic signals.

To conclude: It is the best in its class car for city commuting and high way driving. It refines your driving.... Best car recommended for first time car buyers.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this September