My shining A-star

By for Maruti A Star from Chennai 2010-09-24 19:05:14.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Great looks, nice pick-up, low maintainence

Cons : Space crunch

Look and Style: This was the main reason for me to opt for Maruti A-Star as  found the looks very appealing. The looks are different compared to the other hatchbacks available on the Indian turf presently. I got a while color as it was pre-decided with a mutual consent of my family. The car is a head-turner specially after fitting the alloy wheels and wide Bridgestone radials.  Comfort: The space crunch is  an issue that can bother most of the people as the car is not very spacious in terms of the leg room and head room. We never felt the same as we have a small family of 3 people and thus never needed a great space inside. Thus, if anyone is looking for a car that can accomodate a joint family or can carry huge volumes of luggage, A Star would be the worst choice. Pickup: Its a car coming from Maruti's stable and thus everyone can be absolutely assured of the performance. The car catches a high speed of 100 kmph in a few seconds and is very stable even at high speeds. Thus, for a small family, the car is ideal both in city and on highways. Mileage; After an initial servicing I have been getting a mileage of approximately 16 kmpl in city, which compared to other cars in the segment is really nice. The car is a low maintainence vehicle and works good on low cost. Best Features: The head turning looks and performance on road can simply be summed up as the best features of Maruti A-Star. The AC of the car is very effective and chills the cabin even in the scorching heat of Delhi. Needs to improve: I really feel that if the designers at Maruti could do something about the space crunch, the car is simply superb and costs economical to an average working family. Overall Experience; I belong to an average working class and wanted to get a car since a long time now. My budget was somewhere around 4.5 Lacs and I had narrowed to A-Star, Beat, Spark and i10. Beat and Spark were dropped due to the poor resale value and i10 was very common on Indian roads now. I have always been a fan of Maruti's vehicles and have always loved their products. Its been an year since I got A-Star and am more than happy with my purchase.

• Rathna |28 Sep,2010 07:20:23 PM

Even Iam looking for this car for 3 reasons. 1.Low Maintance cost 2.Auto gear 3.Good Mileage compared to other Auto gear cars. and need to know its drawbacks or weekness.

• lohit |29 Sep,2010 08:18:27 AM

Good car & Easy to drive in thik traffic

• Rajender Dobriyal |29 Sep,2010 10:13:51 AM

I agree with you. The same thing I was also thinking before zeroing on to A Star,

• Satish Kumar |29 Sep,2010 12:07:14 PM

I also thik to buy A-Satr Lxi.

• sushanta |29 Sep,2010 02:25:38 PM

good buy, and with a discount of Rs.45 thousand , you must take it now. Resale should not be an issue later I hope.

• Sujith |29 Sep,2010 03:03:12 PM

discount of Rs.45 thousand, wow explain me more about it

• Gaurav |29 Sep,2010 09:33:49 PM

i brought an a-star one month back and i got a discount of Rs30,000 wer do u get a discount of Rs45,000 ?

• Purvik Shroff |30 Sep,2010 08:30:31 AM

I m planning to buy an A-star, pls tell me from where did you manage to get a discount of 45 thousand, at present i am being offered a discount of 35 thousand. Pls provide the info asap. Thanks in advance.

• Supreetha |30 Sep,2010 10:34:58 AM

I would also like to knoow about the 45,000 discount. I am a big fan of Maruti and was thinking about picking up an i10 only because of the space crunch in A-star. But if the performance and mileage is better then I would love to go for it. I need an auto gear vehicle as i'm not comfortable with gears. I would'nt mind even a second hand one for starters. Anyone selling please get in touch with me at supreethas@hotmail.com

• Harsh Berry |30 Sep,2010 12:14:54 PM

no doubts the look is the best out of all maruti hatchback cars... but i've heard of one drawback of fuel deficit to its engine when climbing, don't know how true it is. Maybe thats the reason I'm not able to decide betn wagonR n A star..

• ma |01 Oct,2010 10:21:53 AM

I m also planning to buy a new Maruti car but confused whether to choose A star, Ritz or even stretched to Swift..... can any one please suggest... presently I owned Maruti 800....

• g vasanth |03 Oct,2010 08:43:50 AM

I want to know does this discount differs from place to place as here in hyderabad they r offering 37500 only.

• vinod Dhiman |03 Oct,2010 04:17:36 PM

No doubt its a good looking car. but what will d onroad price except isurance @ registration? /

• ganesh.u |09 Oct,2010 04:26:45 PM

I am driving my Maruti ALTO LX Car for the last 5 years and would like to go for an A-Star Car but I would like to know if they are really giving Rs. 45000/- discount.

• rahul |28 Nov,2010 03:07:56 PM

how is braking witout ABS?? im considering Lxi model

• Dr.M.M.Nadakatti |22 Dec,2010 08:24:18 AM

I've purchased A-star about 7 months ago and covered nearly 1000KM. I'd done thorough research before zeroing-in on a family car and finally bought A-star VXI. I'm getting 16KMPL on highways with AC and 13-14 without AC in city. I'm somewhat concerned about this slightly lesser average. Already 2 services are over. Can any one comment on this please?