XUV - Predator Machine

• Appearance

Pros : decent mileage, features,

Cons : low beam coverage

I bought my XUV three weeks back, have driven 2100km so far. The SUV is awesome and fun to drive, I took it to Saklespur, Chikkmagalur and Kemmangudi, and man its pulls like a beast and smoothly over potholes. I have a Verna and it been a good car but was very careful with bad roads, but XUV is meant for bad roads. In fact, I took it off road too in saklespur(not hard core 4X4 off-road) its was fun all the way. Most of the features are awesome. some of the best features

1. Angle headlamps, lights glow when we take turn ,either left or right.

2. Automatic wiper - works really well.

3. Moods lights inside car- really knew

4. Suspension - great on soft & medium off road.(hard core off-road - not tested and not meant for without 4x4 )

5. Overall-invincible beast.

Some of the flaws,

1. Low beam and high beam mostly focus on a left side. coverage of low beam area also needs improvement.

2. Cruise control sometimes stops workings( doesnt really matter on Indian roads-either ways dont gets worried, stop the car, turn off engine and turn it on , it would work fine. )

3. Cd player- while using maps cd, changing songs track from one folder to another-another is not user-friendly . Best use cd with just music tracks not folders .

4. Wanted to fix rally headlamps- 4 out 5 car accessories said its not advisable as there are sensors in the bonnet which when triggered accidently while fixing the rally-headlamps, would open the airbags, and warranty would take a hit. so driving without rally head lights . dont know if its a bliss or curse.

Comments Mahindra XUV500
  • PRASANNA |20 Jul,2012 08:46:48 AM

Dear Krishna I want to buy either XUV top model or BMW X1 Diesel version. I have compared so many cars but at last I kept 2 option in my mind. Kindly let us know which one is good to buy.. Your Review is wow...!!!!!

krishna |22 Jul,2012 01:18:00 AM

xuv500 and bmw x1 are 2 different catagories, if u hv the budget for x1 then you can look at new pajero sport which is superb offroader as well as for city drive. . x1 is not as famous as pajero for off roading. for off-raod here are some flaws with the following suv,s :- fortuner's front and front-corner visibility is poor , yeti has low ground clearance, nissan trail not all that powerfull as compared to pajero. for city drive purpose:- fortuner shares same interiors as innova, nissan trail - not very impressive features as compared to X1 But having said all this , if your budget is around 20 lakhs or less then xuv500 is the best. comparing suv with innova, innova is a chaufer driven veichle or taxi use but XUV is meant for self driven or individual use, looking at the overall benefits like STYLE, OFF-ROAD, FEATURES, ETC( excluding Brand image - as toyota has proven record compared to mahindra) if u buy the car without huge expectations u would defenitly fall in luv with it. one more thing dont compare this with bmw x1 , as it falls under premium category. whereas xuv500 has lots of features of premium suv , bascially imitating premium suvs , but NOT a premium suv. but definetly VALUE FOR MONEY. final verdict : low budget - XUV500. high budget then new pajero, next x1.

• ramnath |26 Jul,2012 01:40:24 PM

Hi, I just wanted to know as on day, how is your predator machine, is it still going zooooom or had any issues from your xuv. As my booking is allotted for xuv awd, request your sincere opinion whether to go ahead or not.

• krishna |30 Jul,2012 11:41:54 PM

good suv.. go for it but without huge expectations...believe me u'll luv it

Mahindra XUV500 review scorecard