Great car for what you pay

By for Mahindra XUV500 2014-11-03 13:20:02.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Acres of space, smooth but powerful engine, stunning looks, gadgets

Cons : Average ride quality, Mahindra tag and doubtful reliability

Regarding XUV, its the most ridiculed car I have ever known. Even the people walking on the sidewalks talk like. oh!! its XUV, its full of troubles. But to the best of my knowledge that's not true. You would also get a similar picture if you go through the lot many if onlline reviews and all. The main reason for this is that the initial batch of the beast had quite a lot of problems. M

• kishore |29 Nov,2014 10:35:33 AM

I'm planning to buy, but I'm confused, most of review say that Gear box problem ??

subhash |26 Mar,2015 07:48:35 AM

Drive one ur self, no such issues with mine.also I have done 50k km so far.

• atul chaudhari |30 Dec,2014 08:17:31 PM

ii am very much confused for safari dicor what can i do.

randhiraj singh |28 Nov,2015 09:42:48 PM

Try Toyota Innova insted of Safari...as u already know Tata Cars Are nt worth enough...they fails with the tym period...but toyota cars are really good..engine ,looks, maintinance comfort and power...try and then decide...

• MAHER |29 Mar,2015 03:26:45 PM

I want to buy AMT model can you suggest which one is best in all respact?

• Rajat |16 Apr,2015 11:08:17 PM

which one should i prefer....xuv500 or ford eco sport??

Jagjeet Singh |08 Jul,2015 03:55:28 AM

Bhai aankh band karke XUV 500 Le.Maine One Month Phele Le h.Sabse Bade Feature H isme Sun Roof,Engine Start.....

amar s goudappanavar |10 Aug,2015 08:41:35 PM

Xuv 500 or innova

• farhan shaikh |18 Apr,2015 01:32:57 AM

According to maintainance is it cheap or costly?? I m planing for it but lil hasitated!!

• L. Tony |18 May,2015 02:35:39 PM

My XUV 5OO suddenly stopped in the middle of the city & clutch pedal was not coming back to the normal position. After some time I managed to put the vehicle in 1st gear & parked on the side of the road. The vehicle was towed to the nearby Mahindra workshop, 'TVS & Sons Ernakulam' and after a couple of days Mahindra dealer said that the clutch & flywheel are damaged and need replacement. The cost quoted was around Rs 40,000 and asked me to pay. My vehicle is still under guarantee, but the Mahinrda dealer 'TVS & Sons Ernakulam' has informed me that 'clutch & flywheel' are not covered under the guarantee. Even though the vehicle is done only 26,000 km, they say this is not due to manufacturing defect !!!. Moreover the spare clutch & flywheel are not available with the Mahindra dealer and I am waiting for the last 10 days to get it repaired and have no idea when the spares will be available and when this will be repaired. The Mahindra dealer advised me to contact Mahidra directly regarding the issue. When I contacted Mahindra, they advised me to contact the Mahindra dealer !!! Unfortunately I am one of the earliest owners of Mahindra XUV5OO and bought the car without waiting for the users feedback and got carried away with the looks & 'WORLD CLASS' slogan by the manufactures, Mahindra.

amar s goudappanavar |10 Aug,2015 08:46:27 PM

K less mentanance vehicle is innova

• sumit |22 Sep,2015 07:40:45 AM

Pls suggest m looking for xuv 500 should i buy other options m looking for are creta and terrano

• SR choudhary |28 Sep,2015 12:24:34 PM

I hav this car from last 2 years. wrost suspension nd breaking system. drive a tractor is better then drive Mahindra XUV 5OO.

• TAPAN |13 Oct,2015 05:29:18 PM

Confused. I wish to be a part of Indians preferably owning an India Manufactured good SUV mainly for reason Made in India. While Tata is a Big No-No for me for their step motherly attitude for Indians manufacturing lousy cars for Indians when compared to their manufacturing capability to prduce cars line Range rovers and Jaguars. I am sure the cost of these cars will be @60% if manufactured in India but Tata want to deprive its Indians of this privilidge so that they can cater Rich Indians with their premium UK cars brought in India via Imports. So now i have only one option for XUV-500. I am sure its a great car from the feed back i have received ftom my friends who have owned this. But after having stayed abroad i wish Mahindra starts with an Automatic version of this car as soon as possible.

TAPAN |02 Apr,2016 01:20:38 PM

Thank God. Now XUV, AWD and Auto. What else. Price one of the Cheapest in this class, probably because made in India. Let other manufacturers chase their money with assembky line. Guys go for Mahindra if you believe in Value for money . In case you have that extra cash