Good Car

• Appearance

I had read a lot about how bad this car is, but, after reviewing the market well I bought the XUV 5OO. So, far touch wood the experience is wonderful. This might be because all/most of the issues were fixed in the 2013 model.

Look and Style : Quite a personal opinion but I do not see any other car can even come close to the road presence and looks of the XUV.

Comfort :  Huge seats in front and maximum space in the middle.  The drive is smooth too.

Pickup : Excellent.

Mileage : So far getting around 12Kmpl in the city. But I guess it will increase on long drives.

Best Features : No one has such a package at such a price.

Needs to improve : Maybe the perception of people that it has too many issues and also, its customer service.

Overall Experience : Fantastic.

Comments Mahindra XUV500
  • Kathirvel |20 Mar,2013 10:25:47 AM

Please note that for AWD variant, the available colours are White, Black, Gray and Purple. Black and Gray are not acceptable mostly to Hindu�s due to religious sentiment. So we are with white and purple to choose. White is very common colour used for taxies & politicians. If some does not like purple have no choice. Hence I request Mahindra to think and introduce another colour like Artic Blue. Introducing a Artic Blue in AWD variant will be a good idea. M& M should consider it.

• Rahul |20 Mar,2013 08:05:17 PM

i wish to busy this car, but when i gone through all reviews i was completely disappointed!!! i knew some XUV owners and had faced issues with this car, but i do not know the new 2013 model as you said. but ur comments are not so genuine for a mislead ed person like me to grab my confidence level high!!! still searching for a genuine answer or i will go for duster!!!

Debasis |04 Apr,2013 04:24:22 PM

XUV does start after washing :) atleast mine does.... I guess you should check with other XUV owners. Yes, there were bad reviews of XUV at the start... but what were they.. They were mostly do with the electronics and gadgets they had. Not about the engine, comfort, pickup or anything. Now, I understand that they changed their vendors and the quality has improved. I did a trip from Bangalore to Goa and touch wood... it was superb. Driven 3K kms now and so far ... great experience. Now, I am not M & M paid to influence anyone to buy Duster or XUV... its any individual's choice. Hardly anyone writes a review when they are satisfied... everyone writes review when they are pissed off :) I am not here to give confidence to anyone :) ... If your budget is abouve ~23L+ there are lot of options.. that's a different market. :) enjoy

• mokir eshi ori |26 Mar,2013 02:07:01 PM

Sir, Is it true that the xuv500 does not start after washing of the engine bonet? And is the xuv are old or new model? And is there plan to improve the quality of the new xuv 500?

• Mujeeb |04 Apr,2013 03:14:19 PM

I had a plan to buy this vehicle in last week but this much negative reviews was totally disappointed me now iam totally confused rexton! Koleos! Or crv

• renjith |04 Apr,2013 09:12:51 PM

it is the best car in india because it is suitable for indian road

• Debasis |05 Apr,2013 04:06:45 PM

I do not think there is something called Best car.... for any condition. You speak to different people and the Best is different for them... :) If you see different travel magazines... XUV is one of the best once in that segment. Duster, Safari Storm are also good vehicles. On a little higher side Endeavour is great indeed.

• rajesh verma |12 Apr,2013 04:43:22 PM

I m cnfused aftr read t review plz sjest me any suv in 15Lk. Or i shud prcz Xuv500. Plz tell me

• nijanth |13 Apr,2013 06:03:13 PM

is there any rust problems in nuts and bolts.

• rajivprakash |14 Jun,2013 11:48:10 AM

I had a plan to buy this vehicle in last this month but this much negative reviews was totally disappointed me now iam totally confused rexton! i like to buy the only . i will wite for this year end they will me improve the electrician item , most complaint are coming form electronic side only , :)

john |15 Aug,2015 05:19:36 PM

Did u purchase it? I read lots of negative review so I confuse n wanna go for compact suv.

• sdlkfjlkj |13 Sep,2014 01:24:41 PM