Excellent XUV

By for Mahindra XUV500 2014-02-22 11:10:50.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Very Good Features compared to price even to Toyota Fortuner

Cons : Little whobbling on the 2nd and 3rd Gear and the view while turning right with pillar view blockage

Look and Style: Very beautiful and stylish due to the colour we choose and sporty due to the right choice made to choose the additional accessories which give a very classy look for the XUV.

Comfort: Very comfortable on the go except when you are in 2nd and 3rd gear, little wobbling and shaky steering but once you are in 5th and 6th gear it goes very smooth though you feel its very light in weight.

Pickup: Very good pick but could not try very often due to the traffic jam and the road condition due to the locality in Goa.

Mileage: Did not really bothered to check the mileage as I was enjoying riding this muscular XUV as I had not enough days due to my return back to the workplace.

Best Features: All the features are very good, at first you are little confused but as you drive the XUV more and more and fiddle with the features, you can understand and get used too. Initially had to ask a couple of times with the sales person who was very helpful.

Needs to improve: When turning on the right you really cannot see more on the offensive, there was a complaint on this in the review which I read before and it's true, you can't get the clear view of the front incoming vehicles or object.

Overall Experience: Very good XUV and no complaints of the vehicles but the serious complaint on the services and you really don't feel to be a proud owner of the XUV at the service centre, compared to even a cheapest Maruti Suzuki car or Toyota workshop. No one bothers about you but in Maruti, even the lowest cleaner cares for you and shows concern for you and that's the service. Our accessories were not completed and when we went we had to wait outside the service centre in the XUV for one hour as the GM was busy with his meeting even though we had booked three days in advance and told of my international departure. My rating for service centre is zero.

• L. Tony |18 May,2015 02:38:58 PM

My XUV 5OO suddenly stopped in the middle of the city & clutch pedal was not coming back to the normal position. After some time I managed to put the vehicle in 1st gear & parked on the side of the road. The vehicle was towed to the nearby Mahindra workshop, 'TVS & Sons Ernakulam' and after a couple of days Mahindra dealer said that the clutch & flywheel are damaged and need replacement. The cost quoted was around Rs 40,000 and asked me to pay. My vehicle is still under guarantee, but the Mahinrda dealer 'TVS & Sons Ernakulam' has informed me that 'clutch & flywheel' are not covered under the guarantee. Even though the vehicle is done only 26,000 km, they say this is not due to manufacturing defect !!!. Moreover the spare clutch & flywheel are not available with the Mahindra dealer and I am waiting for the last 10 days to get it repaired and have no idea when the spares will be available and when this will be repaired. The Mahindra dealer advised me to contact Mahidra directly regarding the issue. When I contacted Mahindra, they advised me to contact the Mahindra dealer !!! Unfortunately I am one of the earliest owners of Mahindra XUV5OO and bought the car without waiting for the users feedback and got carried away with the looks & 'WORLD CLASS' slogan by the manufactures, Mahindra.