Rating of Mahindra XUV500

On: Jan 28, 2012 | 620513 Views

Look and Style : Great.

Comfort : Good

Pickup: Good

Mileage: Good 13-14 Kmpl (I drove on the highway for 700km). My car is now 1500 km driven.

Best Features : I bought XUV 500 W8 on Jan 15 and this is the list of issues I have faced in last 15 days: The car has been manufactured using the worst quality material. So it's not a low-cost car, its a cheap car with inferior quality material and you end up spending the money that has not been spent on it. Think before buying it as any 16L vs XUV for 13L but the cost of fixing things up makes up for that 3L difference. Mahindra service centres and engineers have no answers to my questions.

1. Brake drums are rusted. You can see it from outside. Mahindra blames the vendors. For evidence, check any other car/ SUV on road and you would know what I mean.

2. Wipers are bad quality and if it rains and you use them, they leave a scratch on the windscreen. It may not happen in the first 2 minutes of usage. It can be so bad that you may want to change your windscreen.

3. Windscreen is single layered glass. Small pebble-touch can cause it to crack/ break. I have already replaced mine. I really thank Mahindra service centre for doing under warranty; however, it has scared me as it can happen again.

4. The beautiful headlights and are made of bad glass. I have driven my car 1500 km and there are spherical shadows in the headlights from where the light passes through.

5. Aux unit does not work. Engineers have agreed that it's a cause of worry in all the cars. You can test it using your iPod. You would not be able to hear the sound in all the speakers/ there would be continuous noise in audio quality.

6. The awesome red coloured central screen switches off and on, on its own. You wanna try it, open the box on top in the centre of the car, right above the console. Bang it a little harder, your touchscreen is likely to reboot. Please don't be happy if it doesn't as it may happen at any time. The surprise is the fun part.

7. Hard suspension! You drive any car/ sedan/ SUV and you drive your XUV over the same speed breakers. You can feel the difference. XUV would throw you in all directions and you would feel all the bumps.

8. Here is the shocker! Brakes suck! hand break is so bad that the car can slip any side depending on the side of the slope you are with your hand break pulled up. Try pulling the car up on a slope if you don't believe this. (Please do so under supervision as it may cause an accident. I drove the car in Simla and experienced this)

Other XUV500 Reviews

• j
    jose
    On: Nov 03, 2014 | 48173 Views

Great car for what you pay

Regarding XUV, its the most ridiculed car I have ever known. Even the people walking on the sidewalks talk like....Read More

• S
    Sandeep
    On: Oct 07, 2013 | 18974 Views

Very Good

I am a new owner of this superb machine, it's amazing I bought this car in December 2015 and feel like a pil...Read More

• R
    Rohan Mehta
    On: Oct 07, 2013 | 23908 Views

Unhappy Customer

XUV 5OO W8 FWD Purchase date : 15/11/2011 Km Driven : 29000. Please don't buy this car. From first day I ...Read More

• A
    Arjun Singh Bawa
    On: Jan 03, 2014 | 19169 Views

Mahindra XUV500 A Complete Rip off!

Mahindra, for the first time, has been able to manufacture a vehicle which is pleasing to the eye. However, don&...Read More

• S
    Sunil Joshi
    On: Jun 01, 2016 | 21373 Views

Mahindra XUV500: The Useless SUV

I am an XUV owner since the past 1 year. I own a W6 variant and I am deeply disappointed with the car. XUV500 l...Read More

Mahindra XUV500 Further Research