Pros : Great looks
Cons : Inferior quality material + unsafe to drive as breaks suck!
Look and Style : Great.
Comfort : Good
Mileage: Good 13-14 Kmpl (I drove on the highway for 700km). My car is now 1500 km driven.
Best Features : I bought XUV 500 W8 on Jan 15 and this is the list of issues I have faced in last 15 days: The car has been manufactured using the worst quality material. So it's not a low-cost car, its a cheap car with inferior quality material and you end up spending the money that has not been spent on it. Think before buying it as any 16L vs XUV for 13L but the cost of fixing things up makes up for that 3L difference. Mahindra service centres and engineers have no answers to my questions.
1. Brake drums are rusted. You can see it from outside. Mahindra blames the vendors. For evidence, check any other car/ SUV on road and you would know what I mean.
2. Wipers are bad quality and if it rains and you use them, they leave a scratch on the windscreen. It may not happen in the first 2 minutes of usage. It can be so bad that you may want to change your windscreen.
3. Windscreen is single layered glass. Small pebble-touch can cause it to crack/ break. I have already replaced mine. I really thank Mahindra service centre for doing under warranty; however, it has scared me as it can happen again.
4. The beautiful headlights and are made of bad glass. I have driven my car 1500 km and there are spherical shadows in the headlights from where the light passes through.
5. Aux unit does not work. Engineers have agreed that it's a cause of worry in all the cars. You can test it using your iPod. You would not be able to hear the sound in all the speakers/ there would be continuous noise in audio quality.
6. The awesome red coloured central screen switches off and on, on its own. You wanna try it, open the box on top in the centre of the car, right above the console. Bang it a little harder, your touchscreen is likely to reboot. Please don't be happy if it doesn't as it may happen at any time. The surprise is the fun part.
7. Hard suspension! You drive any car/ sedan/ SUV and you drive your XUV over the same speed breakers. You can feel the difference. XUV would throw you in all directions and you would feel all the bumps.
8. Here is the shocker! Brakes suck! hand break is so bad that the car can slip any side depending on the side of the slope you are with your hand break pulled up. Try pulling the car up on a slope if you don't believe this. (Please do so under supervision as it may cause an accident. I drove the car in Simla and experienced this)
For past 10 years I was Maruti's (Suzuki) loyal customer, having M...
What you’ll like: • A well-engineered, contemporary SUV with a val...
XUV 500 when was launched in 2011 and created a hover all around the g...
XUV 500 is the best and most well-specced car on Indian roads at only ...
Mahindra XUV500 is best in this segment due to its high (200mm) ground...
It will help us serve you better content and best deals