Horrible experience - all that glitters is NOT gold

• Appearance

Overall Experience Experience has been absolutely horrible to say the least. Bought RX5 variant on 25th august from Koncept automobile, Lajpat nagar Delhi. The car began giving a rubber burning smell within a week. On 16th September the vehicle broke down and had to be lifted by a crane and taken to workshop. I was told that the clutch plate has burned which was replaced by the dealer. Got the vehicle back on 18th sept. Again on 20th sept the vehicle again started to give a strong burning smell and went to the workshop. It was returned to me the next day with the dealer saying that there is no problem in the vehicle. Again on 27th the vehicle started giving jerks while driving and also a very strong burning smell. The vehicle again went to the workshop . This time the clutch plate was changed once again and the vehicle was kept in the workshop for 6 days by the dealer and the reason given was that Mahindra engineers are coming from the plant to inspect the vehicle. I got the vehicle back on 3 rd October . I insisted that I need a written confirmation from Mahindra that the problem has been evolved permanently or else my money should be refunded. I was sent an e mail by Mr Rajiv from customers services department saying that the problem has been resolved and if it occurs again within 30 days then my money will be refunded. The burning smell started again on 15th October and as it continued for next 3 days with the vehicle also giving jerks I have once again brought it to the workshop today. The dealer's driver drove the vehicle for about a km and insisted that he can't see any issue. I have insisted that the clutch plate be opened in my presence. Waiting in the workshop currently ......really horrible experience so far...one does not buy a 21 lacs priced vehicle to go through this experience. I suspect that the dealer is denying the problem as they want the 30 day period to pass so that it does not have to refund my money.....

Comments Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton
  • Nanak Murtem |15 Mar,2014 10:39:06 AM

Thank you so much for this review. Pani mein dubte dubte mai bachgaya aur aapne muje bachaa diya.

• Jawahar |08 Apr,2014 01:17:11 PM

In India many manufacturer care a dam about customer satisfaction. It is just about making money at any cost. Sad you are having this experience, hope all would resolve soon

• asd |10 Apr,2014 03:29:35 PM

so did they resolve it to your satisfaction or still the issue remains?

• Keshav |04 Jun,2014 09:03:48 PM

And over and above this mr.Mahindra was thinking that Scorpio will be used in PM carcade.High hopes indeed.you must write to mr.Anand Mahindra.Can resort to consumer forum also.

• Dr.Srivenu |24 Oct,2014 04:58:05 PM

I have exactly similar problem, kindly can i get the details of the person who wrote the review as i have avery similar problem Purchased Rexton RX5 as the proud first customer from VVC motors in jan 2012, problems started  six months after the purchase My clutch broke down four times in last 6 months, no one from the service centre ( VVC motors) are able to solve the issue as they are always in denial mode, my vehicle is left in servicing centre for almost three months in last 6 months with no one to help it.  even if i want to sell the vehicle  there is no one willing to buy this because of the clutch issues and servicing centre is unable to correct this. The description by the Customer Care  manager  Mr. Girish Daramoni is If the vehicle is not driven properly you can loose the clutch box in as early as 300-400 km of drive . Kindly see this as red alert in buying this vehicle as this warning is given by Mr. Girish Daramoni  and he will not able to help it if any issues occur in this regard I strongly recommend all the reviewers to prohibit buying this vehicle to save yourself in time and money This vehicle is new to India and kindly don't experiment in buying this vehicle like me  Dr. Srivenu CEO  Cygnus Institute of Gastroenterology Hyderabad 91-9866755573

• Srivenu |24 Oct,2014 05:02:51 PM

Piyush, Can i get your mobile no. as i am facing similar problem and my vehicle is in servicing centre Dr.Srivenu Itha 9866755573

Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton review scorecard