Rating of Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton

P
Piyush Kumar
for RX5
On: Oct 19, 2013 | 7932 Views

Experience has been absolutely horrible, to say the least. Bought RX5 variant on 25th august from Koncept automobile, Lajpat Nagar Delhi. The car began giving a rubber burning smell within a week. On 16th September the vehicle broke down and had to be lifted by a crane and taken to the workshop. I was told that the clutch plate has burned which was replaced by the dealer. Got the vehicle back on 18th sept. Again on 20th sept the vehicle again started to give a strong burning smell and went to the workshop. It was returned to me the next day with the dealer saying that there is no problem in the vehicle. Again on 27th, the vehicle started giving jerks while driving and also a very strong burning smell. The vehicle again went to the workshop. This time the clutch plate was changed once again and the vehicle was kept in the workshop for 6 days by the dealer and the reason given was that Mahindra engineers are coming from the plant to inspect the vehicle. I got the vehicle back on 3rd October. I insisted that I need a written confirmation from Mahindra that the problem has been evolved permanently or else my money should be refunded. I was sent an email by Mr Rajiv from customers services department saying that the problem has been resolved and if it occurs again within 30 days then my money will be refunded. The burning smell started again on 15th October and as it continued for next 3 days with the vehicle also giving jerks I have once again brought it to the workshop today. The dealer's driver drove the vehicle for about a km and insisted that he can't see any issue. I have insisted that the clutch plate be opened in my presence. Waiting in the workshop currently, really horrible experience so far. One does not buy a 21 lacs priced vehicle to go through this experience. I suspect that the dealer is denying the problem as they want the 30 day period to pass so that it does not have to refund my money.

Other Rexton Reviews