My Test Drive review

By for Hyundai i20 Active 2015-05-25 20:22:13.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Very stylish exteriors, Pick up's great and steering sensitivity stands out

Cons : Blue and Black interiors look outdated. No petrol SX model! No avg fuel consumption.

Look and Style

Exterior - When it comes to the outer body, there is no comparison with other vehicles in this segment. They are just marvellous. I personally felt that White one looks like a big, huge SUV with spoilers and 16 inch Diamond cut rims. Beautiful!

The Day Time LED lamps add more beauty to the i20 Active. Feels like an Audi :)

Ground clearance has been increased which makes it more sporty and rugged. You don't feel like you are sitting on the ground while driving (which was very off putting in VW Polo).

There is only one reverse parking light, that too on bottom right side. Installing reverse parking alarm is kind of compulsory here - a disadvantage.

Interior (Features, Space

• rahul |25 May,2015 10:37:12 PM

Wow car!! Dream come true, was looking for d car which is having features as DRL, projector lamps, automatic lights, sporty looks, spacious, etc... With a good price. Only cons is no petrol SX model, (no idea of fuel consumption , distance to empty, mileage). But i already has d petrol s model n im happy wid it n i hope everythng goes fine.... Rahul Pune

vinod asawa |12 Sep,2015 09:40:26 PM

Hi rahul I'm vinod .I have booked i20 active petrol s model.can u please share with me your experience becz ur also using the same model.

• deepak kumar sharma |26 May,2015 09:07:42 PM

good car in 2015

• c udaya kumar |03 Jun,2015 04:45:11 PM

RECENTLY I PURCHASED HUNDAI I20 ACTIVE IN APRIL. MAY I KNOW HOW TO IMPROVE DIESEL MILLAGE IN HIGH WAYS AS WELL IN CITY DRIVING

RKP |10 Mar,2016 06:40:30 AM

You should maintain avg speed b/w 80-120.

• vicky |04 Jun,2015 10:08:03 AM

Would be great if they will add sunroof,,haha Might not be allowed in these budget cars by the automobile moderators But if possible they must add No doubt i20active best ever car

• Anant Bhat |06 Jun,2015 04:30:43 AM

Hi Guys - I am the one who has written this review. Finally I was told today that my SX Diesel I20 Active has been offloaded in Pune. Mine's a White model with Black and orange interiors (YES! They have this option now!). From March 27 to June 10 was my waiting period. Can't wait to drive my beauty home :)

Rishi |12 Jul,2015 10:25:51 AM

Wonderful review and it cleared my biggest confusion about whether white model has black and orange interior.. Cheers! Hope to book one very soon.

Anant |17 Jul,2015 07:11:19 PM

Thanks Rishi.. Glad it helped you!

RKP |10 Mar,2016 06:42:15 AM

Hey Anant, howz the Car ? Avg fuel consumption in city & highway ? Please update. Thanks

• sajid shaikh |14 Jun,2015 02:14:27 AM

I have book i20 active at shreenath hyundai Andheri link road on 13 april and they have promise me to deliver on 12 of june 2 months waiting period but i have summit my ducoments on 20 of april for loan i have got a call from anyfainaince company

• Himanshu Kumar Das |21 Mar,2016 08:05:37 AM

Nice car I20active

• pps baghel |02 Feb,2017 09:10:44 PM

Interested to purchase .

• Sunil |06 Mar,2017 11:18:48 AM

Dear Friends, I hear a lot of speculations and complaints about the suspension and suspension bushes of this vehicle and also regarding very poor after sales service from Hyundai. I am planning to buy this vehicle. Can you experienced guys throw some light on this aspects pls?

• R.V.Srinivasan |10 Jun,2017 03:18:18 PM

i am new to cars- first time buyer.// i have narrowed down my choice to hundai i20, xcent and tayota etios- all petrol versions only // i request some expert car-lovers to tell me which one is best,please.

• AK Shrivastava |01 Sep,2017 11:57:18 AM

I have gone through all the reviews given by. I am going to buy a new car out of Breeza ZDI, I20 Active Petrol model and WR V Petro . Can any one suggest me the better one. My average running in a month is not much, it is about 350-40 Km.

• PRAVAKAR NAYAK |22 Sep,2017 01:34:55 PM

I 20 active petrol sx model is not prvided with tinted glass ,a shortcomind in features, compared to others.