Hyundai Elite i20
    Maruti Swift Dzire
    Maruti Swift Dzire
    Rs   5.43 - 9.39 Lakh*
    Compare Cars

A Hatchback -SUV Crossover that you'll Love.

By for Hyundai i20 Active 2017-01-14 22:45:48.0
  • Appearance

I recently purchased the 1.4 Sx model of Hyundai i20 at around 7.56L ( on road) in New Delhi. Initially, I was confused over this and Maruti Suzuki Baleno but considering the wait time of Baleno I decided to go with Hyndai i20 and boy ! that has been the best decision ever. A great looking car wich gives you confidence while you are driving it. Here is my (honest) review on this car that I have been driving for the past few months.

Exterior : This car simply looks superb. A mini-duster look with metallic body, alloy wheels and gorgeous projector lights. Looks wise you will never have any complaints.

Interior : Seats are very comfortable and well designed ergonomically but the one thing that immediately grabs attention while riding this car is how powerful and comfortable ACs are in this car. There is no irritation from direct flow of cold wind on the front passenger's face plus the circulation is also very good. Storage wise Hyundai i20 Active has ample space in the back and glove box is also well designed. Placement of gear box and other multimedia controls is also superb, as a matter of fact, in my past 4 months of driving I never felt that the seat needs to be adjusted or the placement of gear box is off etc. AVN also has many power saving modes ( though I rarely use them but that's a nice addition). I would say this car has been made carefully with the priority of getting the basics right first.

Features : Hyundai i20 Active sports all the basic amenities like ABS, dual air bags, central locking and excellent music system with high quality speaker. In addition there are rear parking sensors, a navigation system which works great in my opinion plus the power steering and very powerful brakes makes long rides on this car a breeze. Mileage and Engine performance : The Hyundai Active sports a powerful engine that produces a power of 88Bhp at 4000rpm. The 190mm ground clearance made driving through speed bumps quite comfortable and the agile gear box gave me a pickup speed of 0-100 in around 11s. Mileage wise I got somewhere around 18 kmpl in the cities whereas on the highways it touched around 20 kmpl. Considering the price point and the engine this is average performance I would say. ( Note: These mileage data are without the Ac during the whole ride. With ACs I got around 15 Kmpl in the cities where as 17 on highways.)

Final judgement : Is this the best car in this price range ? The answer is obviously NO because there are cars like Baleno which provide most of these features at lower price point. The main USP of this car is the comfortable and satisfactory riding experience that you will get from this. Hyundai i20 is a tried and tested car by thousands (?) of Indians with largely positive review. So you have to decide whether you want a car which has been tried and test or a new car after a long waiting period. For me longer waiting period was the deal breaker but everyone has their own tastes. For those who are considering of going with this, I would say go for it blindly, you would not regret.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this January
  • girish kumar |11 Apr,2017 11:46:17 AM

I bought I20 active last year the first version of the car without the infotainment system. completed 50000 km by now. I feel the comfort that you will have in riding this car is non comparable. Hyundai tried to keep things optimum considering an Indian conditions. pick up is quite appreciable as well as fuel economy. basically all that we require is there with the car. i have used this car to travel from Delhi to Kerala and in three days. more the speed you feel more confident with this car.

• pratap tandia |12 Jun,2017 04:07:58 PM

I bought active petrol top model. It is a nice car. premium feeling at a hatchback. Price is bit high. Else everything is good.