Rating of Hyundai i20 2015-2017

i20 Elite: Perfect Harmony Of Luxury And Looks

A
Anadi Kashyap
On: Nov 16, 2016 | 20 Views

The i20 Elite reminded automobile giants like Maruti Suzuki that Indian customers are willing to pay more for better looks and features. It blew away the competition with its looks and luxurious interiors.

I bought it last December even though I could have bought the likes of Skoda Rapid, etc at the same price. The reason was quite simple- it was my first car and a small car is a boon in cities where you can't get parking lots everywhere.

I know it's not that small as compared to other hatchbacks like i10 or even i20 but that's what I find differentiates my car from the rest of the segment. It is luxurious like a sedan, has all the bells and whistles (if you are willing to pay the premium, i.e.) and will get you respect on the road. And did I tell you that it looks amazing? Even people who are not that much into cars (like my aunt!) can appreciate the fact that it is a premium car.

I bought the Sportz (P) variant and am quite satisfied with the ride quality it has to offer. The clutch is not heavy and the manual gear did demand getting used to as I am used to the less systematic one on Santro Xing which was my father's car. You can't just put it in 4th gear from 1st by mistake. You will have to move the stick to the extreme left and then only it will go down.

The first thing I noticed after I got on the road was that the steering wheel was quite light. It's quite convenient in the city for sure but for long rides, you have to keep your attention on the steering wheel.

The passengers on the rear seats loved the rear AC vents, though I feel it wasn't that much power. The leg space isn't overwhelming and can be too small for people above 6 feet if the front passenger isn't short. Parking is even than I imagined thanks to the rear camera and sensors. I got people honking at me nervously in toll queues when I started backing up the car towards them without looking back. Weird experience.

The height of the car is enough to have it mistaken for i20 Active by amateurs. This plays a huge role in the respect part I mentioned earlier. Sadly the wheels I got wasn't alloy but steel. The seats are comfy enough for long drives.

About the engine, it's not quite as powerful as I would have liked. A 100 BHP engine, maybe a cut-down version of the 120 BHP on Verna, would be much appreciated. Though, it's not far behind the other cars in its segment.

Safety features like dual airbags, ABS, door ajar warning as well as others like gear shift indicators are assuring.

I could not find any fault in the sound system and the keyless entry is a good add-on. The air-conditioning is good enough to keep me cool in the prickling heat of Jamshedpur during June. There are too many features here and there to remember but they are quite rewarding to discover! For those looking for a hatchback that is luxurious, safe and good-looking, and who are willing to compromise on the average fuel efficiency of the car, this is definitely the car for you!

Other i20 2015-2017 Reviews

• o
    om gupta
    On: Jan 21, 2013 | 16312 Views

Never Go For It

Look and Style are good but they are also not going to compensate the other problems. Comfort is not up to that ...Read More

Arun
    On: Oct 29, 2012 | 5693 Views

Regrets On Buying The I-20

Look and Style : Best but not qualitative  Comfort : Its ok but congested on rear seats. Pickup : Poorest  1....Read More

• R
    Raviteja
    On: Jan 21, 2014 | 9314 Views

Great Car with some Itchy issues

Look and Style is Awesome, and Comfort is again good. Family of 4 members can travel solacely. Pickup: It's ...Read More

Ayas
    On: Jun 07, 2012 | 4368 Views

A decent premium family hatchback

Look and Style Excellent front end fluidic design. However I felt much could have done to improve the rear tail...Read More

Amit Parashar
    On: Nov 18, 2012 | 2358 Views

Comfortable Car And Good Driving Experience

Hello, I bought the i20 Sportz 1.2 petrol a year back. I have not experienced any issues. The car is stuffed wit...Read More

Hyundai i20 2015-2017 Further Research