The Near Perfect Hatch: Grand i10

By for Hyundai Grand i10 2016-11-23 16:19:20.0
  • Appearance

I am writing this Review 2.4 years after owning the car. I have the Petrol version and have driven it for close to 25000 Kilometers.

When I was planning to buy a car back then, I didn't have too many options at this price point. When I went for the test drive, I fell for this car because of the Interior quality that it offered and also the features that it had. At this price point, no car was even close to this at that point of time. Even now when you compare the features it is way ahead, for Ex. the request sensors are there on both the door handles for Asta Trim. The much more premium sibling from Hyundai, Creta is only providing it on the driver side door handle even in the Top Trim.

So far the overall experience with the car has been good.

It's very easy to Drive, especially in City traffic. While driving on the highways you will feel a little lack of power when trying to overtake other vehicles. But I hardly do more than two highway trips per month and most of my driving is within the City limits and hence I am really happy with my Car. The ride quality at high speed is stable and confident. The refinement levels of the Petrol Engine is excellent. There is absolutely no noise or vibration when the car is idle. At times you will be in doubt whether the car is on or off especially in traffic signals. The Clutch is light and the Gearbox is smooth.

Headroom is generous in front and cabin width is sufficient enough to prevent front seat occupants from elbowing each other. All round driver visibility is adequate, including rear vision when parking the Car even though the driver seating position is a bit on the lower side. The rear parking sensors provide audio feedback and work perfectly.

Rear Seat is strictly for two adults. You can squeeze in 3 adults if they are lean. Rear legroom is adequate and the Rear Ac went preset in the car is really a good feature to have as it helps the back seat passengers to relax in the long highway drives during noon time. It doesn’t mean that the AC is not powerful enough, but this feature compliments the AC performance. When the backseat is empty, you can shut the blower vents off which I think is a very thoughtful feature, but the same cannot be done in the case of front ac vents.

For a car that is feature loaded you will definitely fell the absence of functions like speed sensing door locks, Distance to Empty Indicator and automatic climate control. Also I feel that the horn of the car is a little on the lower side.

On an average, I am getting a mileage of around 12-15 Km/l which includes 90% city drives and the AC always turned on. Overall the car is a perfect small family car and you will never regret choosing this over the others.