EON ERA USER REVIEW

By for Hyundai EON from LUCKNOW 2012-05-26 20:41:04.0
  • Appearance

Look and Style Excellent, cute & stylish looks Comfort Reasonably Fair Pickup Average Mileage Very Poor. As claimed of 21 km/ltr by company, my Eon Era gives 14 km/ltr in city driving & 12 km on ac. Since I am a defence personnel staying in army cantt, lucknow, so all the more problem. Every now & then there are speed breakers. In any case, it has been a utter disappointment with  low mileage of EON especially when engine of nearly  800 cc being lighter should give a good mileage. When reported to company & got the mileage checked, they told me to change the petrol pump. I got my car tank filled at petrol pump near Hundai workshop & drove myself for 36 km within city & got my tank refilled. i was surprised. It gave me a mileage of 21 km as stated by company. Now what to do. I could not further progress my complaint. It was a futile effort as there was no more any complaint. It gave me the mileage as stated by company. Again when I came back home & started driving. It is again giving a mileage of 12 km on ac in city driving. There is no consistency. I have changed 3 petrol pumps including filling from army petrol pump where chances of dilution are minimal but no change in mileage i.e.  12 km/ltr on AC .Company reps say that you will never get good mileage in cantt area where there are too many speed breakers. This fact is not palatable as so many army officers had 800 cc maruti /Alto which they have used for years. 800 cc maruti/alto cars are known for giving good mileage. I have not met a single person who had 800 cc maruti who ever complained of poor mileage. Accordingly, EON Era having engine of nearly  800 cc being lighter should give a good mileage .Somebody says that measure the KPL of car by outwardly fitting a can of 5 ltr, & see how much car runs in 5 ltr which company chaps resent making such arrangement saying that this arrangement is not feasible in new version cars. In times of rising petrol prices, one needs to be specially careful of fuel efficiency, one must check the user review before buying the car. Best Features Stylish looks Needs to improve Mileage Overall Experience Not healthy.

• Hrangdailoa |27 May,2012 10:58:42 PM

As I'm going to buy the same car in a month,this review is very helpful.

• yrhsyh |30 May,2012 12:55:59 PM

I too agree. Friends dont buy this car based on its stylin and looks, I got a chance to test drive the eon era at popular Hyundai TVM, although the car is very nice and spacious and offers almost everything that an entry level car[like alto] fails to give, However the engine performance is poor, the car was barely able to take 4 passengers[me and my friends salesperson] up a small incline on first gear with ac on , curiously I switched off ac to check again to find the same problem, the gear box vibrates like hell and the car simply tires out, I had sooo much expectation abt this car but the bad driving experience has convinced me go for other options. So please check out the engine performance of the car before buying it.