Rating of Fiat Grande Punto

The Unspoken Leader

A
Avijit
On: Aug 11, 2016 | 249 Views

Dear All, Am writing this after completing 20000 KM on my Punto.

My friends still taunts me as i had researched for more than 4 months before going for Grande Punto.

My requirement was clear that I want a Hatchback withing 8 Lakhs Major Priorities were Safety, Stability at High Speed and a powerful engine with high torque, higher ground clearance for minor off-roading.

Test Drove - VW Polo, The diesel was 3 Pot 1.2 L engine, Safety was around 3-4 / 5 without airbag; Simplistic Yet Excellent Design, Body Material is best in market; Caging is excellent, 165 mm Ground Clearance, powerful ac; excellent interior - what i didn't liked was the Electronic power steering ; 3 pot engine, Lesser Safety and less ground Clearance

I loved Jazz but Diesel was not available, i wanted to wait for it but Honda resized its best 1.6 L engine to 1.5L to meet the Indian market tax structure - which i didnt liked, i also didnt liked the ride quality of amaze

Tried Swift, Everything was good other than the Handling, Cornering and Body

Am not a big fan of Hyundai or toyota- hence came back to Grande Punto

Why I fell in love with it; Designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro one of the best designer of this century; Fiat's Caging, Pillars and crash test results gives it a perfect NCAP and EUROCAP 5 rating; 1.3L Multijet Diesel 4 Cylinded DOHC churning out 75/90 ps with 197 NM torque award winning engine;

- which pretty much 80% of the diesel cars in india uses e.g. Tata, Maruti, Chevrolet, Even all Maruti's best selling diesel models are equipped with this engine only; Hydraulic Steering, hydraulic Gear box 3 level suspension with EBS ABD was cherry on the top, Ground Clearance of 190 mm without too much of Body Roll - WOW thats pretty much what I was looking for; to add to it Seats are quite wide with excellent Lumbar support, Great quality plastics, Decent AC, Exclusive Fiat Service Center; 3 years warranty and flat discount of 100 000

Well on road its quite heavy,. excellent body, am not too much of a "Kitna Deti hai" kinna person, its sloppy in 1st 2 gears but once the engine is warm to optimum level and you put 3rd gear its becomes a diesel rocket (just to reiterate we are discussing a 1248 cc engine not a 3.0 L engine) , have clocked 165 constant speed with AC on for multiple times with very little body roll; at 130 kmph i continuously drive between Hyd-BLR regularly never ever had a slightest cornering or driving issue, its an over all drivers car.

Even in nasty roads of kerala and coorg, ooty, mekedatu I never lacked confidence; there's no challenge in its class or capability it cannot achieve.

If you are looking for a perfect car for regular city driving and perfect weekend trips, pls look no further, this is the safest and nicest car in the most decent budget.

Other Grande Punto Reviews

• J
    Jayakrishna
    On: Aug 19, 2016 | 487 Views

Fantastic car

I own a Fiat Punto Evo Sportz (90HP) version, its a fantastic car with terrible performance. # I really loved th... ...Read More

• S
    Shanmugam Bala
    On: Aug 09, 2016 | 91 Views

Fiat Punto Evo... Feel Real the Steal Performance..,

Hi,I bought Fiat Punto Evo Emotion 1.3 Model. Really I feel very happy for Driving this car.We have Good Confide... ...Read More

• S
    Siraj Shaik
    On: Jul 28, 2016 | 98 Views

Punto , A beast from Fiat

I own an Exotica Red Fiat Punto 1.3 Diesel 75 HP for the past 7 months and it never let me down.: The looks just... ...Read More

• K
    Krishna Chaitnaya. Alur
    On: Aug 06, 2016 | 74 Views

Good car solid build quality

Nice and heavy car. Feels like a tank. Good pick up. Nice driving dynamics and very good handle. Only mileage is... ...Read More

Fiat Grande Punto Further Research