Toyota Innova Crysta: 3-Day Review

• Appearance

Pros : Looks very intimidating on the road, big on comfort, features and space

Cons : Maneuverability, price and mileage

I bought my Toyota Innova Crysta VX MT 2.4 four days ago. I have been driving it around my city and wanted to share my experience about the car.

I have driven the car for a decent 560 kilometres as I took it on the highway to attend an official meeting, which was in my neighbouring city. I and my four colleagues, or might I say my well built up colleagues, as all of our heights average around six feet, set out for the journey. I felt very comfortable throughout the journey and so did my friends. I liked the little and small features that have added great value to this new Innova, like the cup holders on the either side of the dash, the AC vents that helped in enhanced cooling. This was far better than my Mahindra Scorpio that I owned before this car. I am also impressed with the level of quality this new Innova boast as everything seems from above its own segment.

The motor is also very responsive, especially for me, as my old Scorpio’s engine seemed out of breath when I used to pull it hard. The Innova has a lot of grunts and I haven't even bought the top-end model. However, I think the fuel economy has disappointed me as the vehicle gave me a fuel average of around 9-10 kmpl. However, one of my office friends told me that it is bound to increase as I get my first oil change done, hope this turns out to be true.

Another thing that I learned about the new Innova is that how quiet it is inside the cabin, there was no road noise or external disturbances when the car was driven at 100 kmpl.

On the downside, I did found manoeuvring this large MPV difficult in the tight city roads and I think it will take some time to get in sync with the massive exteriors to do it easily.

Comments Toyota Innova Crysta
  • Kiran |20 May,2016 02:53:16 PM

Front xeat not recommended for pple above 6feet,daxh board hitx d knee when brakex applied,

sharry |22 May,2016 03:46:08 PM

Any other problem you face in this crysta??

sharry |22 May,2016 03:46:50 PM

Any other problem you face in this crysta??

• shahid |22 May,2016 12:37:35 AM

I love inova

• Sandeep gowda |22 May,2016 02:15:19 AM

Waiting for my 2.8zx crysta😌😌

• shameer |25 May,2016 02:26:26 PM

I booked but baned in my city Tooo angryyyyyyy

gourav |07 Aug,2016 09:56:25 PM

I think you should wait for TATA Hexa

• vaibhav |26 May,2016 10:33:50 AM

Ground clearance kay hey innova crysta ka ?

shariq |31 May,2016 09:57:27 AM

175 mm ground clearance

• pushpinder |05 Jun,2016 12:37:21 PM

Waiting for 2.8AT.....can'twait...but took test drive'. ...impressed

Amit |01 Jul,2016 10:37:50 PM

Even I was thinking of getting new innova crysta 2.8GX AT. But i little bit confuse. Shall i go for it or not??

Amit |01 Jul,2016 10:38:37 PM

Amit Takkar |01 Jul,2016 10:39:41 PM

• den |13 Jun,2016 08:16:49 AM

Is AMT is good for hill driving?places like darjeeling

• aditya |30 Jun,2016 07:15:13 PM

Very good car i bought my zx mt 15 ago alot if feature cruise mode is the best feature navication is good

• nc katoch |20 Jul,2016 09:08:05 PM

Please tell someone to Toyota that why not Sunroof in new innova ...?

• Guru |07 Sep,2016 05:57:29 PM

Don't buy innova crysta very bad specifications in innova

Toyota Innova Crysta review scorecard