Toyota Etios Liva, a complete family hatch!

• Appearance

Pros : Good handling and braking system, good fuel economy, sporty exteriors and excellent output performan

Cons : Low quality interior fabric, no automatic climate control.

Look and Style I am looking to buy a small car and one of my close friends suggested to go for Toyota Etios Liva hatch. Recently I got a chance to test drive Etios Liva and I found this car good for city usage.  The small car looks sporty, stylish and aggressive from the exterior.  The distinct headlamps, tame bumper with identifiable creases provide an impressive exterior look. Rear too looks stylish and further enhances the overall charm of the car. Comfort I found Toyota Etios Liva very spacious and comfortable as well. As I am six feet long, car offers me aplenty headroom and legroom space to seat comfortably.  In my opinion Etios Liva is specially designed for Indian roads and truly a complete family car. The only thing which looks inappropriate is its low quality interior. The good braking and handling system along with high technological features further enhances its usability. The safety features of the car allow me to drive this car according to my own needs. Pickup I am amazed with the output power it generates as car crosses 100 km per hour mark in just few seconds. Mileage As per company words diesel Etios Liva delivers an impressive fuel economy of 20 km/l in city roads and 23 km/l on highways. Best Features Aggressive exteriors, spacious interiors, decent boot space and high technological and safety measures are few of its best features. Needs to improve The interior of car needs more engineering. Better quality plastics and upmarket ingredients need to be affixed in the car. Overall Experience In my opinion Toyota Etios Liva is a complete family car and best for those who want something big in small price.

Comments Toyota Etios Liva 2011-2012
  • DIneKAnz |17 Mar,2012 11:35:28 PM

Hi, Good review... a question i have is regarding the windows, do they go all the way down or only 3/4?

Tanaji Pawar |20 Mar,2012 09:50:01 AM

Front two go down and back go half. Excelent Car.

• Raj |19 Mar,2012 02:59:19 PM

What is the maitenance cost each service?

Deshmukh |20 Mar,2012 11:29:12 AM

I have one of the first of the lot. Servicing time is yet come. Will know then.

• Archie Sequeira |20 Mar,2012 01:03:36 PM

Don't give mileage as per Co..... It would be useful to state personal experience. The Co. mileage figures never work out. They are cloaked under so called ideal conditions. Are interiors really a big deal ? One can always change upholstery. if necessary.

jerry |23 Mar,2012 03:34:43 AM

my etios liva gd gives me 26km/lt. no worries go for it. it is a very good car.

Archie Sequeira |26 Mar,2012 01:17:36 PM

Hi Jerry - KN Rao's post says 16Km. U say 26km. Rather a wide disparity. Would U like to reconfirm ? Thnx

• mohamed abdul kadher |22 Mar,2012 12:24:35 PM

hopfully me geting this car on friday(30/03/2012)i belive this car disappointed me i choose after the comparison with other cars.i trusted the toyota company all ower the world, best wishes. mohamed abdul kadher

Aechie sequeira |26 Mar,2012 01:14:02 PM

I am a bit curious to know in what way you were disappointed whwn U R yet to get the car. Is it about delay in delivery ?

• K.Narasimharao |22 Mar,2012 04:28:39 PM

I own toyota liva dg model.using from last 4months.It is a nice car for family usage.milage is average 16km/ltr.

• M M GUPTA |23 Mar,2012 09:49:13 AM

this is a very good car in driving comforts and tecnology

• sarfu |23 Mar,2012 10:34:49 AM

everything is good except interior

• mm barman |23 Mar,2012 10:45:37 AM

I had a test drive of Toyota Etios Sedan , everything is alright but I find Clutch is too hard. I check all the cars in the show room like Liva, Altis all clutch is too hard.

• M M Barman |23 Mar,2012 01:18:37 PM

• Ganesh |13 Apr,2012 06:46:43 PM

Please note that all good points on the liva perceived would be destryed once you start experiencing the suspension problems. Check suspension by hitting a pothole on a smooth road at 20km per hour. Then you will experience the quality of the Toyota engineered product, which is suitable for smooth roads only.

Toyota Etios Liva 2011-2012 review scorecard