Fault at shockers & reverse gear

By for Toyota Etios 2014-2016 2012-10-20 22:45:16.0
  • Appearance

Pros : space

Cons : shockers, reverse gear

Hi, I visited the MGF Toyota sec-14, Gurgaon service station on 6th Oct 12 with the complaint of a noise from the front shocker while driving over a steep speed breaker, whenever the front tyres passes over a steep breaker or some damaged road there is a sound comes from the front shocker as if the shockers are damaged, but to my surprise the service agent informed me that this is a fault with the Etios model & cannot be rectified. The person who took the test drive gave me the same reason & said that we will raise your concern & if company takes the responsiblity then they might provide a cushion on the front shockers to kill this noise from the shockers. Till date i have not received any update on my complaint from the service provider or the company itself. This is really sad & should be informed to all future buyers of Toyota Etios. ThanksSulabh Kumar9810222780

• B.Behal |25 Oct,2012 10:13:33 PM

Similar problem I have been facing with my car (which I purchased in the month of December 2011 a diesel model toyota etios sedan GD) from front as well as rear shockers, there is a thud sound coming whenever the car passes over pothole or small speed breakers. Earlier I had problem of my car touching road from rear even though there were a total four persons including driver, sitting in the car, I made a complaint with the dealer, they said that they have forwarded my complaint to the company as this a common problem with etios sedan, and after approx. three months I got it lifted from behind by placing some tafflon spacers on the shockers . I think toyota india has lost there standards. there are a number of problems like head lights are not good, beam is even worse than tata, head lamp adjuster rotates back automatically. Body paint of specially white toyota car which I own is of poor quality, I think paint microns on the sheet is less, moreover I can see the paint of the door on the rubber mounted on the chasis. If door is not opened for two days we have to literally apply full force to open the door as if the door has been glued to the rubber,then in that case I feel either the rubber quality or the paint quality is poor ,some insulation material sheet is coming out and is visible between the dash board the windscreen. To close the doors we to apply too much force or otherwise door stops before even it touches the chasis . I own a TATA Marina Dec. 2004 silver model also and such problems were faced in 2009 after approx. five trs. even the paint quality is far far better than toyota

• k s rao |05 Nov,2012 08:59:26 PM

As is I own Tata cs, 2009 model and i never had any problem in its running..After having seen the white etios sedan I wanted to replace my present Tata vehicle.But havng read the above reviews,now I decided not go for this..THANKS to the review writer.

• Dr.V.Anbalagan |06 Nov,2012 04:23:42 PM

May i know the responce from the Toyota Company.

• Harendra |26 Nov,2012 07:35:56 PM

Thanks for the reviews, I`ll have to change my mind by not buying this car

• K.K.DAS |24 Mar,2013 10:18:56 AM

Dear Sulabh Kumar. I have the old OPEL Corsa model. A very good car. But I face the same problem of thud from the front shoker any time we are on a rough road. This was the reason for me to look for a new car. I have short listed Etios Sedan V model. Iwish to know if Toyata Co. has rectified the problem in their new launch in 2013? 9428007369