Rating of Tata Tiago

Karan Pednekar

K
Karan Pednekar
On: Dec 28, 2016 | 57 Views

Tata Tiago Top Model has stormed the hatchback market in India since its launch. I bought the car in the Oct-2016 and I am quite satisfied with its performance.

I have shortlisted three cars Maruti Celerio, Renult kwid and Tiago. Main rejection of celerio and kwid is non incorporation of ABS, EBS and other specification. Pricing is big factor in this entire model, though the Kwid looks better in pricing and space front but lack in specification and other features offered by tiago.

However compare tiago with Maruti Celerio pricing is big difference. Tiago offered lot of features in budgeted price compare to celerio which cost for more and with fewer features.

Tata Tiago, despite being a hatchback is quite spacious and fully loaded. You can book top model and then don?t need to spend any amount on interior. You will get alloy wheels, ABS, EBD, Air bags, Seat adjustment and Harman music system with 8 speakers. Top petrol Model will cost you around Rs.6 lacs (on road price, Thane, Maharashtra).

We three adults were able to fit in quite comfortably in the backseat. Knee space was also pretty decent and not a major hindrance which is quite common in the smaller cars. A Tata Tiago design is different from Indigo and Indica which is positive feature for Tiago.

Being a car enthusiast, I can pretty well state that the car is fair in terms of ride quality and handling. Right from the first test drive till today, I can say it could easily give Celerio, Swift and Kwid, a run for their money.

But there are some weak points. According to me, tata car service centre located in major city while other service centers are run by dealers and there service is not up to the mark. When it comes to service center tata cars score low point on that front.

However good thing is tata motors developed review system for the customers, where you receive call from tata motors and they will record your feedback and they take action against negative feedback. I experienced that and I am satisfied with this system.

Nevertheless, at a price point of Rs. 5.30 lacs (ex showroom price for top model Mumbai city), you can't complain much. If you are a first-time buyer and require good specification for budget, Tata Tiago is the right car for you. It offers you decent specs, stylish look and segment-best interiors, and top of it, an excellent mileage of 20.00kmpl, which every petrol conscious buyer would love to go for. It is a good option if you would want to stand out and try something new apart from the swift, celerio and Eons.

Other Tiago Reviews

• A
    Anurag sharma
    On: Nov 26, 2016 | 58582 Views

The Unexpected Tata Car

I bought Tata Tiago XZ (Petrol) a month ago and I am very impressed by this car. Here are few parameters which c... ...Read More

• A
    Abhishek
    On: Sep 20, 2016 | 13293 Views

Good Car Poor Company

I bought the Tata Tiago one month back. I initially loved the car as it has great looks, sound system and everyt... ...Read More

• R
    Ritam Roy
    On: Sep 17, 2016 | 4229 Views

An Exceptional Car

I have the Tiago for last 3 months and drive it approximately 1000 KM. I must say this is superb and I am more t... ...Read More

• N
    NAVNEET SINGH
    On: Dec 29, 2016 | 1425 Views

REGRET BUYING

There is a lot of hullabaloo about the great tiago, however my experience is quite contrary to it. Let me first... ...Read More

• g
    guna
    On: Feb 09, 2017 | 190 Views

First car means Fantastico than buy(Tiago xz)

My father(Late) had a dream to buy a car . Now i full fill his dream with a real good car .. that satisfies me a... ...Read More

Tata Tiago Further Research