Fantastic, Zippy, Safe

By for Tata Tiago 2016-08-12 19:51:21.0
  • Appearance

I started looking for a family car three months back. Drove few options like Grand i10, Maruti Swift, Wagon R, Celerio with Tata Tiago back in my mind as I was following this car before its launch.

Finally, I took test drive last week and I was really impressed by this little beast of Tata. First impression was like wow.

Exterior: Conventional, futuristic, and attractive. It does not look a typical Tata car that is the most attractive about it. The face of the car which I call 'Shark Face' looks very good with Tata Humanity Line across the grill which ends in headlights.

Nicely tucked windshield washer on the black part of the hood, Arrow style door handles, OVRM with an indicator, sidelines, rooftop, alloy wheels, rear spoiler with two black supports, Tail lamps, rear wiper and boot gate, everything gives premium and young feeling.

Interior: As soon as I sat in the car, I was like wow. So much space even though it looks small from the outside but inside it's very spacious. Seats are very good and Steering grip is also good. Steering with controls of music system and phone calls are surely an advantage nowadays. Height adjustable seat with tilt steering is a very good implementation by Tata.

Harmon music system is a boon with 8 speakers (4 speakers + 4 twitters) for such family hatch. The sound quality is superior compared to other cars. Many goodies like navigation app, juke car app to connect 10 phones to play songs, defogger etc.

We were five people in the test drive and two of them were considerable large build but at the back seat, 3 people were sitting very comfortably which is very much required as per the Indian car. Also, it has very good boot space of 242 litres which is very much sufficient for family weekend gateways.

Ride & Engine: We drove petrol engine and the car was top model XZ and it was butter smooth. No glitches in power and pickup. The 1.2-liter petrol engine is very peppy and gives very good feeling while driving.

Suspensions are also very good as we drove on the rough patch of the road and the impact of the potholes was soaked nicely and not giving much indication to the onboard passengers.

Gear is very smooth and is in place without any effort. Gear throws are short and precise.

Safety: In safety aspect, Tiago is ahead with its competition by offering ABS, Two Airbags, EBD, Parking Sensor and corner stability control on the top version which is also very much affordable compared to Grand i10 and Maruti Celerio.

Additional: Few good things with TATA has given in this car is 22 storage spaces which suffice all your storage needs. Some are hard to find, though.

8 speakers are also good. Doors close in 3 stages so no rough closure of the doors. Child lock is available too.

With Tiago Tata has put heart and soul to create a new design which has its own language and surely it impacts on regaining a lost spot of Tata in the Indian car market.

I have booked my Tiago finally and I'm very happy with my decision specially after driving it. Though the waiting period of 1 and half month, It is worth waiting for.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this March