Rats and Tata Manza!!

• Appearance

Pros : Excellent long drive comfort

Cons : electricals/bad service/no platform to rest you left foot

Look and Style : good exteriors and interiors. tried its best to capture sophistication; yet not perfected the art of it!! Comfort : very ver....yy... comfortable; for both dirivers and  seaters; makes long distance driving an pleasurable experience( I drive about 700km in strech and probably this is the best car i have enjoyed for such long distance compared with the other car i drive(innova/getz) Pickup : u....m..m...m it struggles!! can live with it; enjoy the passerby cars overtaking with ease!! Mileage : around 14 Best Features : all acc like blue tooth/audio control/sensors/etc for the money u pay Needs to improve tatas-- please put something to cover the engine and other wires from underneath?! this is the only time in my life i have encountered problems with rats!! yes since we have garden and we are eco friendly(!!) there are lotsof rats around. and these rats enter the manza and bites all the wiring!! becoz of this i had constant problems in indicators/reverse horn/sensors/ engine vibration. this has happened three times in the matter of four months of purchase!! even though tata might say us to control the rats; it seems to have affinity for manza since the getz and innova parked near by does not seem to attract the rats!! the same thing happens for tata nano also. And to top it all the  customer service at my place pondicherry is so wonderful that you wish your they are just competing with rats in irritating you and they succeed also IAM CURRENTLY PLANNING TO DO Phd in ATTRACTION OF RATS TO TATA MANZA AND NANO and POSSIBLE WAYS TO OVERCOME IT(LIKE TO ENTERTAIN THE SNAKES IN MY GARDEN)!!!!!!!! Overall Experience From morning till late evening, when iam driving manza iam great and happy for buying this  and night when iam slepping- manza with rats are driving me crazily!!!! But then it has made me to pray  while  i get up at Every morning :- with good hope that things will be good

Comments Tata Manza
  • vijay |06 Mar,2012 08:54:22 AM

right...even my manza's engine compartment also dominated by rats,not our maruti 800 which is parked beside,but rats dosent troubled my car..thak god...!!!

• Vishal |01 Apr,2012 11:43:38 AM

Hi, I own a quadrajet manza since three months and i am thoroughly satisifed. Done 2 Mumbai Pune trips. The primary thing to avoid is eating in the car. The crumbs do fall inspite of all care and roll in places where you cant see. Secondly even if there are no crumbs the aroma of the food is tempting enough for rats who have acute sense of smell. They would nibble at anything to go there. Thirdly an advice by a friend who is working for one of the biggest dealer of toyota cars in Mumbai. Buy some tobacco leaves powder i got 100 gms for Rs.10/- at a paan shop and made five pouches. Fill it in pouches made of material like sieve used to filter tea in our kitchen. ( Chai ki Chalni ) and hang two under the bonnet. One in dicky. One under the front passenger side and one besides handbrake. Rats know TOBACCO IS UNJURIOUS TO HEALTH ;)

Tata Manza review scorecard