Indica: the strong giant

• Appearance

Pros : excellent on road performance, strong build, low maintainence cost

Cons : None

Look and Style: This is the only one area that Indica does not give much to talk about. The looks are very simple and need-based. Styling is perhaps not a dimension to talk about when it comes to Indica as all the buyers picking a Tata Indica get it for their own reasons, looks are certainly not the one.  Comfort: The smooth power steering of the car makes driving pure fun and indeed a comfort drive. The car is very comfortable to drive in city and even on highways. The seating capacity is simply superb and gives the power to enjoy every drive.  Pickup; I had heard a lot of rumours saying that the pick up of the vehicle is not that good, but I found it really nice.  Mileage: The car has made me really happy in terms of the daily expenses as Diesel undoubtedly provides me better mileage and fuel efficiency. I get a mileage of around 15kmpl in city areas and that's a good one I suppose.  Best Features: The child safety lock ensures ultimate safety even when I am driving alone with my 2 year old kid. And the disc front and drum rear brakes which can bring car to a rapid halt are simply awesome. The seating capacity is great and makes it very convinient even for 5 full-fledged adults to accomodate nicely in the car along with luggage and kids.   Needs to improve: The car needs good maintainence and regular servicing. But as mentioned on various reviews I did not face any problems getting the service centres or repair shops.  Overall Experience: I am a car lover and already own a hatchback, a sedan and an SUV. After a lot of research I went for Tata Indica as my 4th car for multi-utility purposes. When I initially told me friends about it they were not really happy with it as the car is majorly used for transport purposes in India these days. But, I am finally so happy as the car is proving to be a really cheap daily use vehicle. Its from Tata and is really strong and tough on roads. I travel a lot and always wanted to have a Diesel car for my daily use needs, and trust Indica is simply superb, if you can neglect the not so great looks and style.

Comments Tata Indica eV2
  • Ramesh Sharma |01 Oct,2010 07:09:03 PM

It is really Awesome car in the passenger car segment.........................!

• A shanmugam |04 Oct,2010 10:03:28 AM

The above comments are really acceptable by anyone who know thoroughly about TATA's car

• A shanmugam |04 Oct,2010 10:10:18 AM

As far as myself is concerned, every car has got its own pros and cons, if anybody gives genuine expression of merits and demerits of the TATA's car utility and usage is really laudable.

• bapin kasta |22 Feb,2011 10:15:32 PM