Worst experience of Skoda Rapid

By for Skoda Rapid 2011-2013 2014-06-07 13:32:12.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Good looks and comfort

Cons : Poor after sales

Look and Style of Skoda Rapid is good. Even the comfort level is good along with a nice pickup. Mileage seemed to me just satisfactory. Dear Sir, I bought Skoda Rapid on 24th May 2014 from VIIRAAJ SKODA PUNE. After going through available brands in market finally I decided to buy Skoda Rapid as it offered value for money. Here I did biggest mistake of my life. From day one my car has problem of 20 degree left pulling. If I go beyond speed of 60 km per hour within 4 seconds my car goes extreme left. I was literally shocked. Next day I tried on Mumbai Pune expressway with my four friends who has minimum driving experience of 20 years. Every one felt same problem in car. I went to Viiraaj Skoda showroom at Pune. Those sales people said to go to Skoda Workshop. I went to their workshop and service people checked wheel allignment and said the report is perfectly okey. No problem at all. But till today I am not convinced at all. Though I made many visits and to meet service people at Skoda workshop but they say only one thing your car is perfect. I was angry with them I tried mobile of Mr.Mali who is the director of the company. But he never answered my phone. I sent message on Whatssapp to him but no reply. I send several mails to Skoda company but nobody bothered to give reply. I was after Mr.Mudassar service incharge in Skoda workshop to solve this problem but he says same that your car is perfect. If I complain to Skoda company I will receive same sweet reply that YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED UP TO YOUR TOTAL SATISFACTION AS PER SKODA NORMS and after that nobody attends to your complaint. I will say to all that do not ever think to buy Skoda car you will fall in trouble. If you buy Skoda and if your car has such problem you will be in trouble and your money would be totally wasted. After so many complaints Mr.Rajesh who is service head took trial of my car and said car is perfect and it not pulling left at all. I told him to give in writing either my car is perfect or not but he refused to reply via email. The answer I got from MR. Rajesh service head is SIR IT IS BECAUSE OF SLOPE ON ROAD YOUR CAR TURNS LEFT  I think this is a funniest  reply in Auto world. I told Mr. Rajesh that okay we will go on plane road and then try he says there is no such plain road in India. In my life this is seventh car but till the date I have not come across such defect in a brand new car. I will request to every one do not buy Skoda at all. Believe me suppose if you are driving at 80/90 km per hour speed and for fraction of second if you loose control on steering what will happen ? From 25th May I was after Viiraaj Skoda to give me in writing that whether my car has problem or not and at last today afternoon I got reply from Mr. Mudassar that car is perfect just drive upto 5000 Km and then we will review the condition. Now only option left with me is to go to CONSUMER COURT. Skoda will say we are SIMPLY CLEVER people. Regards, M.V.JOGLEKAR 9223280024. 3rd June 2014

• U Satyanarayana |27 Jun,2014 05:14:05 PM

thank god mr. joglekar, i was followingup for an automatic petrol rapid with viraj skoda for test drive as the car is cheaper in pune then Mumbai.. do i pursue or drop, pl advise. satya ps. we had a fabia in the family but was ok from viraj only, but we shifted to Mumbai, hence no need to go to service at viraj.

• ravi shankar |23 Aug,2014 09:42:01 AM

thank you mr.joglekar for posting ur experience with skoda

• Jayesh |09 Sep,2014 07:44:33 PM

Mr. joglekar, why don't you drag the dealer to consumer court?

• S S Uttarwar |17 Sep,2014 08:14:12 PM

Thanks Mr.Joglekar. I have made up my mind to purchase Scoda rapid. But Now I will think twice. They are giving 1lac discount on diesel model but now I will think again.

Naval |18 Sep,2014 09:34:20 AM

I am in tow minds between Vento and Rapid..I am being told by Viraaj that they are serious about service but can anyone confirm with real life experience that they really care after selling the product. The car is no doubt is the best machine but I am really worried about the service and spares...

• Praveen Kumar |27 Sep,2014 04:09:01 PM

Never trust Viraj Skoda promises, I own a Fabia and gave it for 3rd regular service. Before service my car is in perfect condition , after service Viraj Skoda, Baner gave me wheel bounce and alignment issue. Even after repeated visits and repeated road test, they claim my car is in perfect condition. Inspite of checking and working on wheel alignment, Viraj skoda mechanics simply play with air pressure value in tires to balance wheels and try to convince you. Even I requested to give in writing that my car is in perfect condition and they simply make excuses telling on India road condition cars are bound to have wheel alignment issues. They have also charge good 3k for AC disinfection, but car blower started throwing bad odor from day 3 after service which Viraj skoda personal blame on rainy season and stinky roads. As I keep following them up to correct issues, they simply fix an appointment, keep my car with them for a day and give it back telling everything is excellent. Enery visit notice car being used for good 20-30 km while at Viraj workshop. Never ever buy or go to Viraj skoda for servicing.

• Mahesh Sharma |19 Nov,2014 04:58:07 PM

Thanks for posting your experience, I was planning to buy Skoda Rapid but now I will check for Vento/City as option. In case still I decide to go for Rapid then I will make sure that I purchase it from other dealer not from Viraj Skoda.