Skoda Rapid, a value for money sedan

• Appearance

Pros : Thoughtful price,excellent features, good safety measures and decent mileage.

Cons : The 6 speed manual gearbox is a lackluster in the sedan.

Look and style – I m looking to buy a sedan, recently I got a chance to test drive Skoda Rapid. According to me the sedan has plush and prominent looks. It has a light and dark beige colored dashboard providing it a sporty look . The central grille with chrome band makes this car really appealing. The pouted design bonnet with angular press on the boot lid provides this car a different and distinct look form the other sedans in the market.   Comfort – From the perspective of comfort,I would say that the comfort provided by the car is average. The suspension of the car is not good which makes you tired when you go for a long drive.   Pickup – Skoda Rapid has got an amazing pickup, it takes few seconds to reach to a speed of 100 kmph. Even the simple gear system helps a lot to provide you a smooth experience.   Mileage – As said by the company the diesel variant of the car offers a mileage of 16 Kmpl in the normal driving conditions and it reaches up to 20 Kmpl when on highways. The petrol variant of the car is capable of delivering a mileage of 11 Kmpl on the city roads and reaches up to 15 Kmpl on the highways.   Best Feature – The Rapid sedan comes equipped with many new features. The company has given a special attention to the safety of the passengers. It comes equipped with driver and passenger airbags, ABS and Brake Assist, Engine Immobilizer, Height adjustable 3 point seat belt and LED center brake lights.   Needs to Improve – The Interiors and the gear box.   Overall Experience – The Rapid sedan provides you with a wonderful driving experience.

Comments Skoda Rapid 2011-2013
  • kurien |07 Jan,2012 10:50:17 AM

Excellent on the highway mileage in excess of 20 kmpl diesel makes it cheaper than bus or train. 170kmph without any shuddering or strain. value for money

• nasreen |07 Jan,2012 10:55:09 AM

i m planning a sedan so i just find this one overall it is smart choice.

• Pratap Naik |07 Jan,2012 11:14:55 AM

I have been wanting to buy skoda octavia all along. However, I found Rapid a very good sedan to own. I have booked the diesel Rapid and awaiting delivery. The diesel engine is very smooth and noiseless. Rapid is really a value for money product considering the features it has. Since they have provided ABS in all the models they should have considered providing electronically adjusted mirror.

Srinivas |07 Jan,2012 07:18:47 PM

Has anybody done test drive? I would be interested to know about Diesel version review especially mileage and any concerns.

M P M RAO |11 Jan,2012 12:04:57 PM

Rapid diesel Ambient- (ownership since last week of Nov.2011) : You would love driving or sitting as passenger. Very good suspension, smooth as a feather on highways with very good control- and returns around 19 KMPL. (took 4.2 litres for an 80KM ride- partly a small town interiors covered). City drive mileage not tested. Overall a very good experience with the car. I fit in a 2 DIN-JVC touchscreen DVD player which is very nice.

Ritesh Madhok |05 May,2012 11:46:32 AM

Heartiest Congratulations first of all on your smart buy in the form of Skoda Rapid Ambient. Skoda has always offered a range of sophisticated Sedans, so as Rapid, which has got everything one would expect a sedan of this price to have. Cheers!!

• RAVI KIRAN SOOD |07 Jan,2012 12:42:38 PM

I have booked this car, let's see what experiance I have.

ash |21 Jan,2012 03:37:48 PM

Sood ji avoid advertisement that you have booked, so what. please write a review. Thanks

• Sreenivas |10 Jan,2012 11:44:07 AM

I have booked the car but till now the dealer has not given test drive, please let me know anybody has driven the car and the performance of it.

Ritesh Madhok |23 Jan,2012 11:33:47 AM

You can follow the link provided to read our review on the Skoda Rapid

• ashundal |21 Jan,2012 03:36:04 PM

People who do not have any experience of driving a vehicle/car but tend to write a review are worst kind of fools. Merely booking a car does not entitle a person to write his shit knowledge practically. I would plead that people who have driven a car for 1000 odd Kilometers should agree to give bona fide and authentic evaluation. Thanks and regards

• ayaz |27 May,2012 12:49:23 PM

should i take skoda rapid or honda city

• ayaz |27 May,2012 12:52:27 PM

help me out i am confused to take a care should i take honda city of skoda rapid

raju |31 May,2012 04:18:01 PM

I assume u r talking about petrol variant as Honda has no diesel vehicle,in that case I would suggest Honda over rapid, Rapid is nothing but VW Vento with some features removed like reverse sensor, steering mounted audio controls etc, Honda comes with paddle shift etc, Honda is value for money every bit

• P V Dinesh |07 Feb,2013 06:48:29 PM

Before anyone buy it ... please check with those who are using ...including me ..

Mg |29 Jan,2014 06:13:40 PM

@P V Dinesh/All: Please share your experience. Specially the after sales service part. I am reading not-so-good-thing about after sales service of Skoda. I am planning to buy a diesel sedan and Skoda -Rapid is in the probable list. Thanks for your input.

Skoda Rapid 2011-2013 review scorecard