Skoda Fabia : My experience and conclusions

• Appearance

Pros : Amazing drive, comfortable seating, perfect fuel economy

Cons : Nothing

It is normally with everyone that one is more precise on one's requirements on a car when buying a second car. I was also much more clear on what I wanted 4m my car the second time then when I bought my Matiz for the first time. Three things most important to me included good mileage, spacious interiors and the most important factor was the drive feel of the car. I had heard that Hyundai i20 was not giving a good mileage on road and that's why I dropped the idea of i20 there and then. I went for the test drive of Maruti Suzuki swift Dzire. The car was good to drive but the bumpy feel was still there in Dzire, so that meant nothing better in terms of drivable or the drive feel. I don't know why but I was quite excited and attracted towards Skoda Fabia since the very beginning, despite being told not to go nin for the vehicle as the service is not good and that the car is expensive in the genre. I took the test drive and was left speechless and amazed by the smooth pick-up and the flowing gear shift that just didn't require any effort from the driver's end. Also the way it twisted and turned was so smooth and graceful that I was pretty clear there and the that this is what I was looking for and finally felt that my gut feel about the car was right. Its been nearly an year now and I have covered approximately 15,000 kms with Skoda Fabia. I have to believe my ownself every time I am on a drive. Even after an year the car is just superb and gives you an effortless and carefree drive. The controls placed are so handy and comfortable that you find everything just at the right place in Skoda Fabia. Braking system is efficient and the car runs smoothly on high speeds of 120-140 kmph. Accessories like music system offer utmost quality and performance. The power windows are so easy to operate that its just one touch that is enough to open or close the windows. Driving seat and the steering adjustments make the drive absolutely smooth, comfortable and delightful.

Comments Skoda Fabia 2008-2010
  • Rajiv |26 Jun,2010 01:51:16 AM

Since you are enjoying the ride of your car it is good I also feel the same and planning to buy the same but I want to know about the maintenance cost and estimate cost of the spares etc. and the service.

• Akash Aggarwal |25 Aug,2010 12:41:24 AM

i also short list Skoda Fabis, but after going through lots of reviews im gettng confused ,there r mixed opinion fr Skoda fabia, i had short listed some car , can any one please suggest me fr which one i sud go (Diesel) ....1) VW polo 2)Skoda Fabia 3) Ford Figo 3) Swift 4) ritz.....waiting fr reply...... Thanks Aakash Aggarwal E Mail -

• dr.pushkar |29 Aug,2010 12:16:27 AM

mr aggarwal if u can realy afford than skoda fabia ambiente/classic diesel is simply best. and cant be compare frm cheap figo loook and disgusting swift(sedan

• nagaraj |05 Sep,2010 01:28:55 PM

I am planning to by Fabia Diesel car, could I know the cost of spares

kiran |14 Mar,2011 08:08:26 PM

give me ur email & can provide u spare cost ..

akshay |06 Jun,2011 12:34:59 PM

will u plz mail me fabia diesel maintainance cost and cost of spares too

akshay |06 Jun,2011 12:36:13 PM

my email id is

• NIKUL SUTHAR |05 Oct,2010 10:37:34 PM

i m also very exciting for this car and almost shortlisted to buy it but maintenance,service and parts are concern worry subject

kiran |14 Mar,2011 08:10:58 PM

no more .. that issue now .. ask me why ?

vishal |25 Mar,2011 12:23:49 PM

plz tell me is thr any issue regarding Fabia services and itz spares...?? My Id is and if can call at 9671306429

ajay |09 Apr,2011 01:52:47 PM

i think there is no issue ...

• vikas |14 Oct,2010 12:17:59 PM

hi im really confused between the swift and the new fabia petrol .... lot of negative publicity around the fabia is it such a bad car and how is the demonised after sales ......and can any body tell me the diff between the power of two cars and wat it means when we r driving in the city traffic......

kiran |14 Mar,2011 08:12:31 PM

fab is very cool with feature like the smooth gear & the stearing adjustments .. full marks city driving .. swift looks very outdated car now

• ajay sharma |23 Oct,2010 11:17:44 AM

i like fabia n think its the best to drive, but wrry about service n parts!

• Jayant |23 Oct,2010 12:22:13 PM

is 158 mm ground clearance enough for indian roads, All cars almost have 165mm & Above ground clearance

kiran |14 Mar,2011 08:13:30 PM

Well its German car dude .. works so well for me test with full house in car

• Haddy |14 Nov,2010 01:57:55 PM

I was planning to buy the new fabia 1.2ambient petrol.I have read a lotta reviews.There seems to be some issues over cabin noise and pickup.Can i get opinions of people who own the car?

• akshay girish |03 Dec,2010 12:44:02 PM

i have a fabia , 1.4 tdi elegance... its a fantastic buy.. supremely comfortable n very good to drive everywhere.. in driven lots on highways n city n the stability is marvelous.. i had a swift earlier n the fabia is certainly much better. just go for the fbia n u wont regret it..

• GAVIYAIAH |03 Dec,2010 01:37:45 PM

After reading all of the review feedback...go going crazy..I just can't wait for my's just a week away for me get it.... I did tried test drive and it was awesome...

• Nawaz |11 Jan,2011 06:19:19 PM

I am planning to buy Skoda fabia diesel classic car, please let me know the onroad price, cost of spares and car maintanence.

• Augustine |22 Jan,2011 10:17:05 AM

With your experience, can you tell me what mileage are you getting in the city?

• manoj |03 Feb,2011 03:28:57 PM

Its quite early for right comments (review) for me, since just driven for a week and only 1000 km. But can share ones feeling. I opted for classic petrol. Drive is good, compared to Figo or Maruti Vechil of similar class i.e. 1.2. Pick up is smooth. You can feel the difference, its visible and felt. 4.35L is advertised price, the actual cost of car is much more, if you take Skoda Shield into account (extended warranty for 2 years). Car is sold only with it. Extra 25-30k. Its quite trim down variant of Skoda Classic European version. Engine is quite Noisy. I am looking for doing some damping under the hood. Don't know where to do it in Delhi NCR. In Europe car is available with proper sound proofing and hence quite successful. Hope Skoda Motors India, will learn from TATA (as in case of continuos improvement by doing small changes in Nano) and will do some by reducing Engine noise, and adding stop and drive facility for greater fuel economy. The same shall be be available as accessory for old customer of Skoda Fabia like me.

• Purshartha |18 Feb,2011 06:39:02 PM

HI, I have got this car with old Engine 1.4 TDI Classis. I agree that service is poor but it is improving. But if we talk about the car it is amazing. It is most fuel efficient car. City it gives 18/Liter Highway more than 22/Liter. It does not t not require any maintenance like maruit or Hundai needed after every 5000 KMs. A/c Is very strong in this car.

• Santosh Kr. Bhardwa |19 Feb,2011 08:29:42 PM

hey! i wana buy skoda fabia (petrol) Ambient pl. help me out. i have visited Voilwagen poloshow room also. difficult to decide which 1 is a great car! perfromance wise, milage wise n.

CarDekho Team |21 Feb,2011 05:31:20 PM

Dear User, Both Skoda Fabia and Volkswagen Polo are equipped with same engine. Mileage of both the cars are almost same. In terms of stylish looks Volkswagen Polo is more stylish compared to Skoda Fabia. Road grip of Skoda Fabia more as compared to Volkswagen Polo. Thanks

vijay thute |22 Feb,2011 07:17:34 PM

Due to comfort driving. I like this car skoda Fabia

vishal |25 Mar,2011 12:36:59 PM

dear Team I am worried abt its services and spare parts if i met some accident. . I wanna buy this car..can you suggest, i cann't wait for swift for 2 months

• vijay thute |22 Feb,2011 07:28:19 PM

Whenever i am driving Skoda Fabia i fill safe inside the car.

• Sangeet |01 Mar,2011 07:43:23 PM

I bought the 1.6 version of Fabia and i am satisfied with the performance. The only thing which i found not good about the car was cabin noise.

• DEEPU SOMAN |03 May,2011 10:36:06 PM

hi im really confused between the micra diesel and the new fabia diesel , could I know the cost of spares,car maintanence and exact mileage of fabia diesel.pls reply.i have driven 3500 kilometres per month

• puruhshothaman |14 Jun,2011 12:55:38 PM

hi guys, i am planning to by skoda fabia, but i worry about the maintenance cost and service cost. pls advice me whether should i go or not.

• Aman Ahuja |25 Jun,2011 12:16:23 AM

hey..i m planning to buy a diesel car in this segment.. confused among vw polo n skoda fabia.. want to know about maintainence cost n cost of parts.. whos milege is more...skoda fabia or vw polo...??? pls tell if any other problem in both the cars like noise problem..

• Dr. Ashish Varshney |23 Jul,2011 03:44:46 PM

Hi Dude, I am planning to buy Diesel Version of car. I shortlisted VW POLO and Skoda Fabia. Confussed ?????? My running of car is approx 700 to 900 Km per month. Anybody please suggest on following points..... Smooth running Being in Meerut and also to travel 3 tier cities with pot holes on roads, ground clearance of car. Comfortable drive. Engine noise Maintenance Cost.

• Naga |23 Oct,2011 09:35:38 PM

Can any one send me spare parts & service cost for Fabia 1.2 TDI. Thanks Naga

• rajesh r |19 Nov,2011 12:16:43 PM

HiI am planning to buy skoda fabia elegance 1.2 mpi and I woould like to know the cost of spares,car maintanence and exact mileage of petrole version.Appriciate if you can provide this inoformation ASAP.

• deepak |03 Apr,2012 11:00:17 PM

hi i am planning to buy a diesel car under the range of 4 to 5 lakh can you suggest me some good cars.

Skoda Fabia 2008-2010 review scorecard