Excellent Value For Money

By for Renault KWID 2016-11-07 09:43:48.0
  • Appearance

I purchased my Kwid in the middle of August 2016 and have been using it for the last 2.5 months now. This is my sixth car since I started driving in 1991.

So far I have been a Maruti loyalist, having driven Maruti 800, Alto & SX4. Did try other brands like Chevrolet (Spark) and Ford (Ecosport) but I found the overall satisfaction only with Maruti.

After having recently sold my SX4, I wanted to go for a small car for the reasons of traffic congestion, convenience and economy. Given the number of cars available in this segment, I had a tough choice to make.

What attracted me to the Kwid were three major factors:

a) It's SUV-like stance.

b) Great features like 7 inches touchscreen music system with built-in media navigation

c) Advertized ARAI mileage of 25 Km/L.

Having understood my choice, it was still a big risk as I had never driven a Renault car, not did any of my relatives or close friends. Yet I took a call and went in for Kwid RXT model.

Friends let me share with you that I am more than happy with my purchase and love my new car.

Here is a gist of my experience with this car:

1. The overall drive is pretty smooth and the vehicle has more than expected lugging power for a tiny 800 cc engine.

2. The car has great looks and certainly attracts people as you stop on the traffic signals.

3. With 180 mm ground clearance and a great suspension, it simply soaks the potholes on the road.

4. Considering the small size and weight, it has an excellent pickup and can easily surpass some of the bigger vehicles. One can experience this while taking off from traffic signals as the light turns green.

5. I am getting an average mileage of 18 Km/ Lit on city roads and around 23 on the highway.

6. Gear shift indicator prompts you to shift the gear upwards or downwards, for the speed you are driving at. This is a unique feature, I haven't so far seen in other cars driven by me. This helps in obtaining a greater mileage and driving comfort.

7. The air conditioner is so effective that at times I had no option but to switch it off. Also, it cools in seconds. Another interesting thing is that switching on and off the AC does not seem to impact the engine power, which is great as it is only an 800 cc. Those who have driven Maruti 800 AC and Maruti Alto will understand what I mean.

8. While turning at high speeds, I did not experience much of body roll as was reported in some test drives.

Some of the things that I did not like about the vehicle:

1. It has only one wiper for the windscreen that does not clean well, leaving the sides dirty enough to block your view. Windshield washer fluid tank is small, requiring frequent replacement of fluid.

2. Having used google maps navigation, I don't feel like using the car's inbuilt navigation, which is not user-friendly.

However, my final verdict is that it is a great car and unbeatable in its segment for its features and driving comfort. Excellent value for money.