Comparison - Fiat Linea Vs Maruti Dzire Vs Nissan Sunny

By for Nissan Sunny from Pune 2011-10-12 12:51:40.0
  • Appearance

Pros : A new car. New image. Spacious.

Cons : Poor handling, Poor after sales Network. Poor fuel efficiency .

Comparison - Fiat Linea Vs Maruti Dzire Vs Nissan Sunny Fiat Linea is a car of a superior class. It is outrightly one league higher than Dzire and beats Sunny hands down in every department - from handling to style to build quality. The only reason that the price of Linea is low is because of the brand image of FIAT in India. Evenon that account, the company is expanding its operations in India and the car is the first major success in the Indian Market, so its here to stay. (Linea's new Diesel model (1.6 MJD) is also being launched shortly). And Fiat's spare parts are flatly 30- 35 % cheaper than say Honda's. The costs are as much as Maruti's, tho I am not sure how it compares with Nissan. But keep in mind, Nissan has just 40 odd showrooms in India! In several Tier 2 cities, there is no Nissan service centre - forget about a full fledged show room!! Nissan has some way to go before it appeals to the normal public. Imagine I drive out from Hyderabad and realize that except for Vijaywada, there are no service centres for Nissan in Andhra Pradesh (btw, I am from Pune - this is just an example)!

• Ap |12 Oct,2011 05:05:23 PM

I fully agree with you though I have bought a Nissan Sunny myself, it was not my first choice. Linea is just beautiful and far ahead in all the departments. The only thing that made my change my mind is no matter how many times I called the dealers here in Banagalore for a test drive, all they said is that they will get back to me, which they never did, I waited for 3 weeks. I could have gone to the showroom but I resisted doing that as i wanted to know how eager the pre-sales is, just ended up thinking if the pre-sales service is of this quality what the post sales would be. But again on the car front - Linea is a class apart.

shekhar |12 Oct,2011 09:49:04 PM

AP, I fully understand and respect your decision. Its justified too. I just hope Fiat gets their act together. Fiat as a company is doing the best. Imagine the confidence in their product - service interval of 15000 km!! Free road side assistance for FOUR YEARS!! that's stupendous. Fiat just hopes that customers do not have to visit the dealership once the car is sold. Till then, its just a chance that you have to take. Hope that one gets a good dealer. In Pune, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai and to a certain extent, even at Mumbai, we have excellent Fiat dealers. Just hope that the tribe increases. But as a middle / upper middle class buyer like me - my advise - just do not think twice and go ahead with a Linea.

AP |16 Oct,2011 04:17:58 PM

I wish all the best to Fiat, its a shame to have a class product but not a good support. I owned a Palio earlier so I know what Fiat is, but I will wait it out till they get their act together. Eventually it will be a Fiat, strange as this might seem, people usually use such sentences with a BMW or Merc or those who have them of a Aston but Fiat is the technology I will live with. I will survive with the Sunny till then. Thanks.

• Akash |31 Oct,2011 08:49:18 AM

have bought sunny my self .... its far away better than fiat ... feat has no name in indian market .... if you guys looking on mileage just wait for diesel version .. don`t expect from petrol .... its has too much good space driving also goood ... handy .... people start look while its in the city ... like a luxry car ... fiat , dzrie , etios .. are rubbish on look .... according sunny .... just stand the cars in row and ask people .. my freind has liana black , dzrie also ... other freind says ... i have better than them ... by the way .. i am not milege guy whoo looking for 1 liter on 25 KMP ... if you want style and name then you cant .... if you want cheap go and buy TATA INDICA ....

Vijay |02 Nov,2011 03:39:44 PM

Well said Akash... I truly support your thoughts on sunny, it is infact the best buy in sedan segment . It has virtually no competitors. People are critcizing sunny on mileage front although it is giving 17 kmpl which even better than Dzire and linea.

• ajith |02 Nov,2011 10:49:50 PM

Akash/Vijay: I am planning to buy a car, and planning to go for Sunny. Is sunny giving 15-17 Kmpl as they claim ?

• guru |03 Nov,2011 12:15:34 AM

@akash..hey !! linea rubbish on looks? i am honda city owner and i still admire linea whenever one passes by me.. that's the best design in this segment man... i took my second test drive of Sunny thinking i may have missed out something. but i felt its one big box.. totally devoid of the luxury of even a honda city, forget about linea or vento which are miles ahead!! and with such few volumes, nissan cars give model specific performance - like here on this forum, akash says don't look for mileage in sunny and vijay says it gives 17 kmpl!! tell u what vijay, if a sunny is giving 17kmpl, the owner is one hell of a lucky guy...expect mileage to stabilise anywhere between 9.5-12.5 km/l (after about 3000 km). Anything more than that is a jackpot. It is the most wieldy and unergonomic car to drive in city traffic. The ride and handling of linea is in a different league altogether - the engine that fiat produces and uses in its car is used by dzire, manza etc - Fiat guys know what they make - reliable, cars of genuine quality and standards and are time tested and proven, cheap spares and easily serviced. Think of your location and try finding out the list of 2 service centres near your place that would service Nissan cars! I too hope that they expand their operations .. but the first two years the customers are guinea pigs... the product is just not in the class or league to take a chance with! My advice is if you want to go safe, go for Honda City and if you want a world class product at a competitive price and look and flair and a sure shot head turner - go for Linea!!!

roshin |18 Sep,2012 09:57:32 PM

go for linea bcoz u also get good luxuary stylish atractive vhicle on 7 to 10 lck price so if u want to spend money on big box like sunny so go for latest tech machine maaaan........ fiat.... go for itt & FEEL THE DIFFERENCE....

• arya |23 Nov,2011 10:58:57 PM

honda city with 60,000 more has more to offer

• arya |23 Nov,2011 11:00:17 PM

i wish nissan had launched its crossover called JUKE in the range of 7-9 lacs. that could have been a game changer for them

• RENGITH.B |26 Nov,2011 10:36:04 PM

I was going through the the responses.Really confused which car to choose,Linea or Sunny.Linea is a real European design with it smiling chrome grills.combined with the legendary FIAT'S engine Linea is a great choice.But why Iam sceptical is that the sales of Linea is not catchingup.Probably we Indians may not understand quality or is there something wrong with the sales technique of TATA.Hope that the sales of such a great product will improve

• Vidyanand |05 Dec,2011 04:38:41 PM

Really confused which car too choose...,linea or Maruti Dzire or Nissan sunny.......

• Sandeep |05 Dec,2011 04:52:18 PM

Confused ..confused..confused.. Who is the expert here? Sunny...XE.whats wrong with gear shifting? isn't it value for money?

• A.Suresh Thomas |05 Jan,2012 03:19:51 PM

I am too confused.

• mohammed |24 Jan,2012 04:56:29 PM

well me too confused, which sedan variety to choose. is it linea, sunny, dezire or honda city

swapnesh |29 Jan,2012 10:59:55 AM

please mention the fuel type!!!!

• swapnesh |29 Jan,2012 10:58:42 AM

which will be better Maruti Dzire ZDI or Nissan Sunny XL?

ARM |02 Feb,2012 07:25:59 PM

Hi, Dzire and Sunny have many pros and cons. On one side dzire is tired and tested on indian roads whereas nissan sunny in india is the 10th generation 45 year old model which sells under the name of Nissan Versa in US. In UAE also its a best selling sedan. So in terms of international exposure and name Dzire is nowwhere close. But in indian turf things yet to decided but I guess having seen performance of micra which I believe is good especially Micra Diesel I guess Nissan Sunny will also do well as they have enough feedback from micra users as both cars share the same 1.5 litre engine. Also the space of the Sunny is unbeatable the space between the front ans rear sear is 1090mm which just 5mm short of skoda spureb which prices around 20lakhs... So u can imagine wht u r getting from sunny,,,,,,also it got most musclar look...of all the C segment cars in my view........I think go for sunny.......

guru |20 Feb,2012 01:57:26 PM

Sunny does not have a muscular look. In fact it gives a very tin can feeling- very thin sheets for manufacture. VW, Skodas and Fiats have a typical European build - thick sheets which feel very safe.

• krishna |19 Feb,2012 10:48:16 AM

i am looking for a sedan, can any body tell me what is the exact milage of sunny in city limits, and compared to ford fiesta classic, and nissan sunny which is better?? All the comments wil be respected and thanks in advance for the valuable replies.

guru |20 Feb,2012 01:53:54 PM

Sunny is a big and spacious car which is better as far as pure value for money is concerned. It does not have good driveability and will be painful to lug around in city traffic and start-stop kind of situations. Its wieldy, difficult to park and after a few months,when the attraction of a new car wears out, it becomes a liability to take such cars in city areas. Diesel mileage in city is 12-14. Petrol 9kmpl. It probably may make sense as a chauffeur driven car. Fiesta has relatively lesser rear seat space. But can be smoothly handled. Parking etc is much easier. Driver and co-passenger seats are amazingly comfortable. Rear space is less when you compare sunny or City, but seen independently, there is no problem. Its absolutely fine. Mileage wise Fiesta is superior too. Diesel is atleast 16-17kmpl. Petrol 12kmpl. The mileage figures are what actually people whom i know are getting. Not those claimed by magazines.

krishna |23 Feb,2012 10:59:26 PM

thank you very much for the detailed feed back, just curious to know how is toyota Etios petrol version. Looking foward for your valuable reply. and thanks in advance for the feed back.

• guru |20 Feb,2012 09:59:43 AM

Sunny is a big and spacious car which is better as far as pure value for money is concerned. It does not have good driveability and will be painful to lug around in city traffic and start-stop kind of situations. Its wieldy, difficult to park and after a few months,when the attraction of a new car wears out, it becomes a liability to take such cars in city areas. Diesel mileage in city is 12-14. Petrol 9kmpl. It probably may make sense as a chauffeur driven car. Fiesta has relatively lesser rear seat space. But can be smoothly handled. Parking etc is much easier. Driver and co-passenger seats are amazingly comfortable. Rear space is less when you compare sunny or City, but seen independently, there is no problem. Its absolutely fine. Mileage wise Fiesta is superior too. Diesel 16-17kmpl. Petrol 12kmpl. The mileage figures are what actually people whom i know are getting. Not those claimed by magazines.

• Gurus Father |02 Jun,2012 08:40:38 PM

Hi Guru I have a vacancy for a Driver in my Nissan Sunny prurely a Black Stallion in the Sedan in its Segment. U better learn to drive as soon as u can.

shekhar |04 Jun,2012 08:11:44 AM

Try to keep the posts clean. We are all here to share positive information on cars. It requires just a little civilised effort. Try Rediff, etc instead of car forums. Those are better places for you to hang around and put your comments.

• gurpreet |06 Jun,2012 01:37:23 PM

Its very difficult to reach to any decision by reading such comments & feedback better i havnt seen/read these comments.It will take few days to reset my openion what to procure?

• shekhar |07 Jun,2012 12:26:26 AM

Its sad that a new user does not have access to impartial, unbiased views; None of the cars are bad but if genuine reviews are offered, a potential buyer will know which cars consist of points important for him/her. My priorities while buying were:- Good fuel efficiency Good looks Good status appeal Cheap lifetime maintenance costs Cheap spares (included in above point) Approachable service people, not haughty high handed sales/service people With above priorities I have, after much debate bought a Fiat Linea.It took me 4months of test drives and internet research to decide. I sacrificed following by making this choice Lesser selling car(but that makes my car exclusive; it still is a head turner at home and work) Lesser resale value - i am not one to change cars frequently. I intend to keep the car for at least 7 years,if not more. This car is technologically so advanced that another 2 generation of cars would not get any special features as compared to what this car has. As bonus, my family is thrilled. They don't care about FIAT TATA dealerships or service centres or resale or technology.They are thrilled to get a superchilling AC/ Climate control , thrilled at interactive phone calling(blue 7 me) and integrated blue tooth and leather seats, lovely music system, plush interiors and the neighbours' appreciation. I didn't care what the brand name FIAT does to others. I have had no problems with it till now and I am a very happy man today.

• Asif Malik |02 Aug,2012 12:26:55 AM

i want to buy Nissan Sunny. so please can anyone advise me about this CaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaR.

• rohit joshi |04 Sep,2013 05:41:44 PM

confused !!!! can anybody suggest me between Sunny XL petrol vs Honda Amaze vs Dzire ? IS handelling / Parking / Turning and Fuel Eco issue for Sunny ?? is Petrol sunny giving 15 km/l ? Thanks for your valuable comments and reply.