Proud that MICRA is My car.....Excellent ride

• Appearance

Pros : Cool features, excellent power, pick up and mileage

Cons : Lack of service stations is the only problem

Look and Style Hey friends, three months back I became one of the proud owners of Nissan Micra XV petrol and I think I made a right decision. Front face lift, rear tail lamps and stylish appearance makes it a perfect hatchback. The Nissan brand tag in itself is one of the most attractive features of the car. Comfort Nissan Micra has got all the comfort features which one expects from this big brand. The dashboard is made of fine quality plastics. Seats are very comforatable, I hope all the Nissan Micra buyers would like to go for long drives, no back pain anymore. 5 passengers can comfortably sit in the car, there is ample of leg room at the driver's seat. Pickup I would say that Nissan has given its best efforts to make this small car not only comfortable but has also loaded it with excellent power. Pick up and acceleration are impressive, I think you will like the performance when you will go for test drive. Mileage My car, Micra gives a mileage of 12.5 kmpl in city conditions and 16-17 kmpl on highways which I think is decent. Best Features Music system is amazing, it has clarity and superb sound quality. Other likable features include push-button start, well fitted and finished interiors with full luxurious comforts. Power steering makes the handling easier. Needs to improve Its serivice standards and the company should increase number of service stations as I have to travel from Akola to Aurangabad to get the servicing done. Well I hope the company would surely look ahead to improve their service networks and standards. Overall Experience Overall experience has been amazing, lovely family car I would say. Mileage is decent, performance is excellent, pick and acceleration are perfect, features are good, then what more can a person expect in this price range. If the service stations are not far from your hometown I would surely recommend to go for Micra.

Comments Nissan Micra
  • Pradeep |20 Jan,2011 10:17:53 PM

Well mileage is excellent from your Micra. I personally feel anything above 10kms per ltr in a Petrol car is just fine. Anyways, a very good review there. I was too confused between the Vw Polo and Nissan Micra, but ended up buying the VW Polo - Must say very satisfied with the lil german as well. I quite like the whole scenario now - International players coming in to India with their Premium Hatchbacks and spoiling the fun for the other rivals. Anyways Micra XV is the high end variant right? If I aint wrong... What is the OTR cost for the same? And as far as the service stations - Im sure Nissan is looking into it as well, and for sure they will increase their service yards and showrooms... All in all - All the best with your new Nissan Toy!! Treat her well, drive her safe and enjoy her comforts. Pradeep.

slade |08 Apr,2011 10:15:36 PM

so guyz should i buy nissan micra diesel or petrol n why?

dr suwansh |27 May,2011 07:28:46 PM

what is d on road prize of micra? i m bit confused between i10 and micra

• Val |25 Jan,2011 10:42:26 AM

Hi Pradeep, Vishal Maybe you guys can help me out, I am looking to buy a new hatcback car, but I am too confused with the Polo, Micra, Swift or Ritz. These are the cars that I have narrowed down to. I dont know what to buy. I had an Alto for 3 years and was a great car, however lacked space as I am 6 feet tall, the person sitting behind the drivers seat got very little leg space.

• |25 Jan,2011 08:30:03 PM

Hi Val, I had the same situation a week backk until i tried skoda fabia, it is an amazing car, after having test drive of all cars i finally liked fabia. Try out youself, it is also within same pricing, cheaper than Polo.

ekta |26 Jan,2011 12:27:55 PM

hi harchintant, Can you put some light on city mileage (in delhi) for fabia. And how about the servicing cost etc

• s n bartake |25 Jan,2011 11:12:41 PM

I have narrowed down my preference to just two cars, Nissan Micra Diesel and Fabia Diesel one of which I want to buy in very near future. My main considerations are : fuel economy, comfort of driving and seating, power- less than 1400 cc not in terms of HP or torque at certain rpm, safety features. Will any one tell me which is a better choice and why ?

• sunil agarwal |26 Jan,2011 07:00:15 AM

dont buy MICRA. hopeless service. There is a inherent problem. Gear box has a problem. When you apply break it makes noise. Overall a baad car

• Pradeep |26 Jan,2011 11:47:26 AM

Hello Val - Well if your primary concern is the rear leg room, I surely wont recommend you the Vw Polo. Thou I own this lil german, its a bit tight for the rear passengers to free themselves up. Skoda Fabia has a slightly better rear space compared to the Vw Polo. Well the pick of the lot should be the Indica Vista if you tall and want comfort ride not only for you but also for the rear passengers. Indica Vista is awsum in terms of space, it has a big car feel to it and without hurting much on your wallet. I surely recommend you to have a test drive ( Indica Vista ). Trust me, the car wont disappoint you in anyway....

dr suwansh |27 May,2011 07:32:26 PM

hello dear, as u r recommending vista but it has taxy feeling na and also engine may havelot of maintenance after three year

• Pradeep |26 Jan,2011 11:52:53 AM

Hello S N Bartake - If you have narrowed down between Nissan Micra Diesel and Skoda Fabia Diesel - I would surely pick the Skoda Fabia Diesel. Well the Micra is a write off for me in the first place itself as it doesnt come with Airbags nor ABS, for the asking price of 7 laks odd. Soo basically I was let down with the safety thingy and never bothered to look more in the car. And Sunil Agarwal - Ive never heard such complaints from the Nissan Micra owners - Can you emphasis what is the issue like in your car.

• ARJUN |27 Jan,2011 06:34:29 PM

• renuka |21 Feb,2011 07:12:16 PM

hello and congrats for ur new car. I want to know wha wexactly price? And am from kalyan (Mumbai) where is d service station? Am confused bet. ord figo and micra which 1 i go for? My budget is only Rs. 4 lac

• Pradeep |21 Feb,2011 10:21:23 PM

Hello Renuka - Well I doubt the Nissan Micra would fix in your budget. If you can stretch it a bit, then for sure Micra would be good option to look out for. Given your budget - I would advice you to have a test drive of the K series Wagon R and the Ford Figo. Both of these cars have proven what it takes to be the leader in India. Thanks - Pradeep

• sushant |20 Mar,2011 12:32:29 AM

I am planning to buy a new car, really confused between micra xv petrol or hyundai i10 sportz1.2 petrol, friends pls suggest me which one shall i go for??? all of ur experiences can help me lot to clear my confusion..

• CarDekho Team |28 May,2011 09:51:09 AM

@ Sushant - The Micra makes more sense if you want a Diesel but the Hyundai i20 wins in terms of maintenance and after sales support.

• ashok joshi |15 Nov,2012 12:56:14 AM

like many of you i am also confused to make choice of my car? should i go for micra xv petrol or diesel model? please help? which one is better swift or micra in terms of driving experience & mileage?

Nissan Micra review scorecard