Best features Excellent suspension but service is a disappointment

• Appearance

Pros : Advanced Features, Suspension, Driving Comfort

Cons : Service

Micra is a smart car in terms of looks and style is scores on the top. The Japanese innovation comes in a compact style and best loaded with features however, the braking system, and service has taken the heart away.Look and StyleThe small car is good with its looks, the colours it is available in is peppy. Sometimes reminds me of the bubble car. It looks very happening when I start my car with a button. Great head space in the car, excellent windscreen visibility, drivers control, and much more.ComfortMicra is spacious, decent interiors, seats, steering covered with badge chrome compliments the inside. The seat and dashboard has a great feel with proper visibility. Some more features i would like to tell you are front and rear Power Windows, warning light for low fuel, electric heated door mirrors, tilt and powered steering wheel option and alot.PickupWhen I accelerated Micra on highway it could reach to a the top speed of 140 kmph which was great. The car has 1198cc engine and 5 MT which assures better acceleration and performance. The handling of the car in that speed also was an experience to remember.MileageMicra gives a fuel economy of 14 kmpl which is fine in the city roads and while driving on highways it gives mileage of 18 kmpl. I am just worried about servicing.Best FeaturesThe best is the starts stop button reminds me of my bike, no worry for the key. Micra looks good with nice door handles, bumper, gripy tires, grille all positioned perfectly. Climate control powerful ac, orange backlit, electric fold mirrors are easily adjusted. The interiors gives the freshness. The exteriors of the car are head turners with well positioned headlights, grille, taillamps it just feel right to be in the car. Well how can I forget the suspension which is the best so far.Needs to improveServicing, the biggest concern, alloy wheels would have been better, better braking system.Overall ExperienceMicra is one car which I selected for my sheer love for Japanese cars. This car attracted me when I went for the test drive. I wish with some more added features the car would have been much better.

Comments Nissan Micra
  • yahya |14 Mar,2011 09:19:23 PM

micra is a nice car and has got nice mileage in diesel.. but be carefull while doing service..and need to improve the interior quality.. best interior space and best to handle..

DR.BNRAO |17 Mar,2011 09:30:38 AM

Is there any possibility for opening a showroom in VISAKHAPATNAM ? DR.BNRAO

• bnrao |17 Mar,2011 09:31:27 AM

Reply By DR.BNRAO 17 Mar,2011 09:30:38 AM Is there any possibility for opening a showroom in VISAKHAPATNAM ? DR.BNRAO

• shabeebshabab |18 Mar,2011 12:15:43 AM

superbbbbbbbbbbbbb milege diesel i get 26 in hiway when i drive in rush manner i get 20 and above with ac good performance no shake is there up to 143 kmp/hr steering is so smooooooooth it give a comfort likes innova and one more thing it has no gear knokinggggggg over alllllllllll its a superbb vehicle ant its features make it lexury because mirror folding remote key and 3 locking button and a dicky space better than swift

• suresh |23 Mar,2011 09:34:00 AM

i heared service is bad for micra, is it so? can any one explain in detail? is it possible to sit 3 people in back freely? if no key is required to start, how to open the door?

• CarDekho Team |23 Mar,2011 10:10:05 AM

The service is not bad for the Micra but there are a few dealers currently across the country. As we speak Nissan is fast increasing the dealer network and appointing new dealers across the country which will help improve the dealer and service network for Nissan cars.

• C M Pillai |06 Apr,2011 02:50:56 PM

Evrything is fine in the XV models but in XV Premium Diesel there are no passenger airbag,ABS EBD BA and security alarm. Is it can be installed additionaly?

CarDekho Team |06 Apr,2011 02:53:59 PM

You can install the Airbag or the EBD but yes you can install a security alarm.

• Karthikeyan |05 May,2011 12:49:05 PM

I am planning to take Nissan Micra petrol version.I am from Hyderabad and wanted to know the maintenance cost?Is it expensive?

M.R. Raghu |19 Jul,2011 04:20:52 PM

I am the owner of NISSAN MICRA XL petrol version. Don't worry about the maintenance. It is cheaper compared to other cars in its segment. Go ahead with your plan. I am fully satisfied with its performance.

• Radheshyam |09 May,2011 11:20:39 PM

I am planning to take Nissan Micra diesel version.but there is no any dealer or service station in my area (Ferozepur,Bhatinda,mukatsar)in punjab

• gdugar |13 Jun,2011 09:23:22 PM

I was about to finalize Micra, until I heard of the service and after sales problems across the net. Please let me know is there a technical snag in the car which cannot be serviced , or is it too expensive or no trained staff ? I'm in kolkata and plan for a diesel xv premium model. should I buy or switch to some other brand.

• naveen patel |05 Jul,2011 01:34:41 PM

I am planing to buy petrol version of micra, my height is 6.2, is it comfortable in the driving seat.

taha |23 Aug,2011 02:37:36 AM

even i m 6'2 no problem in the driving seat

• jwala ch |31 Dec,2011 12:16:33 PM

i am owner of micra xv premium desiel,previous iwas used indigo lx recently changed just one month i was very much happy for own driving anounced very prudly, i fell in journey just like a/c sleeper claas in train.i saw many reviwes coments for service problem i cant under stand so plese mentioned their problems,it was not good message for buyers of micra.if purchase intersted in hath back car blindly selected nissan micra with out any reference others.

• Manju |30 Mar,2012 05:11:17 PM

I have purchased recently Nissan Micra XL. The dealer didnt give me the service schedule. When I asked he said to me upto 10,000 kms, no service required. Anyone please tell me the correct service programme?

Nissan Micra review scorecard