Best diesel hatchback available in India

• Appearance

Pros : unbelievable milage

Cons : no passanger airbag

Look and Style - Initially i was confused whether to buy polo or micra,volkswagon polo is definitly good  looking and interiors are also impressive on the other hand micra has some really nice features which no other car upto 10 lakhs has in the market. Comfort - Interior is good,mp3 player is average in sound but good looking,ac is effective,overall micra is very spacious from inside. Pickup - pickup is acceptable but the ride is smooth,steering is light,front glass is wide allowing good view,gears are soft and gear ratios are refined which gives pleasure while driving in the city as well as on highway. Mileage - Milage is simply unbelievable,in city crowd its giving 22-23 kmpl whereas on highway it is giving 28-29 kmpl with ac.If one will drive carefully he will be surprised with the milage. Best Features - keyless entry,push button start,electric park side mirrors,power windows with drivers side anti pinch function,good power steering. Needs to improve - I find minor problems like steering only adjust vertically not horizontally,mirror can be there on passanger side sun shade, comfort on rear seat are few areas of improvement. Overall Experience - I am very much satisfied with my decision of buying micra XV diesel,customer response by NISSAN dealer and at workshop is also above my expectations.I recommend everyone who is planning to buy figo ,polo ,fabia, i20,punto ,swift to rethink.

Comments Nissan Micra
  • Vivek Singh |22 Jun,2011 10:10:27 PM

Well i want to buy a car i m confused b/w diesel cars plz sujjest m to buy a sutable car for m? The price range is about 5lakh.

abhay |23 Jun,2011 02:08:20 PM

If ur budget is 4.5 to 5.5 lacs to buy a diesel car then u have choice between indica, figo and ritz. If u mostly drive in the city then ritz will be a good option,it has easy maneuverability small in length and turning radius allowing u to drive easily in the city and giving comparatively good milage.figo is good for highway driving wher it shows its true power,it has good boot space,better ac and in addition figo is powered by its own engine which aids in its reliability.indica has 2 variants one indian made engine and other powered by fiat my case customer response by tata motors was not very good.if u can wait then wait for beat diesel and especially toyota liva diesel.

yogesh |12 Sep,2011 12:38:55 PM

My budget is 5.5 to max 6 lacs ..50-50% on city and outskirts I am confused in between 1) petrol OR diesel. seeing current price i will prefer diesel but still need your thought 2) which car Figo ? Had test drive not impressed me a lot. New swift( waiting period 7 months :( ) ? Polo( read lot of bad reviews on net about millage ) Fiat Punto (Not sure ?) Don't want to go for Tata cars.

sandeep |09 Sep,2015 09:14:19 PM

Only and only Micra

• CarDekho Team |22 Jun,2011 10:13:52 PM

For your price and budget you can go for the new Swift, Figo, i10, or maybe the Fabia or Polo.

• sandesh shah |30 Jun,2011 11:54:31 AM

I am looking for a diesel car. running per day 150km .budget 5to6 lacks. please suggest a car for me sandesh shah

abhay |02 Jul,2011 10:10:30 PM

choose between micra(if u can afford 6.5 lacs),figo.fabia is noisy and maintainace is slightly more but its above 6 lacs.micra has trusted renault engine which is very good in performance as well as low in maintainance and figo has large luggage space , low maintainance.milage of micra is better(difference of 4kmpl),torque and power of micra are slightly less(its believed that lowering the torque and power of a engine increases its life) than figo but when u drive it u no longer feel the difference.figo has very good balance on the road and its heavier too.if u can consider 50000 more than go for micra otherwise figo is also a good option.

• pdanilkumar |06 Jul,2011 11:22:12 AM

Nissan Micra is really worth for its quality in built,features & comfort.In a tough sellection parameters Nissan won my choice after a test drive in it. I really appreciate Nissan for considering the expectation of a normal medium segment hatch back customer.

• shivashankar |10 Jul,2011 03:40:58 AM

Thank you gents and realy information is qte useful.

• suman |10 Jul,2011 09:06:48 AM

Guys I am confused between Micra and Figo diesel.I stay in hyderabad. I am new to driving also. My usage is daily 30 kmpl. Please suggest me.

Rahul |12 Jul,2011 04:58:05 PM

It will not matter if u are new to driving or not once u drive 1.5k to 2k on you own u will feel like an expert.Moreover figo has a realy good boot space and is good for long journeys where it gives a thrust of a life...whereas micra ia also very good as far as the interiors are concerned ...dont just read reviews go for a test drive atleast 2-3 times and then make a decision.The most fantabulous thing abou micra is its mileage which is 24-25 on highways and 20-21 in city which is exceptionally good and moreover its has a brand name of NISSAN so my opinion go for Micra or else wait for festive season for new cars and new discounts.

• amit |12 Jul,2011 05:39:50 PM

i am looking for a diesel car in price Rs. 6- 7.5 Lac with good average, and low maintance.

• Amrit |10 Aug,2011 03:26:56 PM

I have purchased micra XV diesel last month(07/11) and its really very good car , mileage figures given above are absolutely practical. Moreover you feel having complete judgement on your front compared to other hatchback cars.quite easy to drive. really upto expectations. take a test drive you and you will feel the difference.

• Dr.Naresh , Hyderabad |28 Aug,2011 11:53:38 PM

i am confused between i2o , new swift diesel and micra highend diesel . My usuage is around 15 - 20kms per day and twice in a month foe long drive. Kindly suggest.

• Swapnil shinde |06 Sep,2011 03:17:00 AM

Hy i m gng 2 tak nissan micra plz cn i knw wat abt CNG-GAS facility bz i cm 2 no its nt dr nd if we gt frm out dn no warnty plz gv me infrmatn abt

• Amit |01 Oct,2011 11:19:27 PM

Is micro xv diesel is full value of money

• mahesh |27 Oct,2011 09:36:43 AM

im in confuse to buy polo(diesel) or micra(diesel)..pls suggest me somebody. wat abt polo's service and spare cost.i like polo's look but thinking lot abt spares cost and service pls give me a clear idea regarding this.

• Samim Khan |21 Dec,2011 08:51:58 AM

I want to purchase Diesel Hatch back with maximum mileage.My daily uses is around 50KM.Pls suggest me a car.

• Nikhil |24 Dec,2011 08:03:09 PM

My daily usage is highway running of 70km. I m confused between Petrol and Diesel car...pls suggest me. My budget is 5-6 lakh. In case of petrol pls suggest me a good hatchback car? In case of Diesel pls suggest me a good hatchback car?

• Aniruddha |19 Jan,2012 01:09:41 AM

budget of 6 lacs suggest me petrol as well as diesel variant cars that comes in this range small or sedan only for Mumbai city some extent outskirts of city.

• Aniruddha |19 Jan,2012 01:12:22 AM

given a choice Ford or Nissan Maruti and i20 which sedan comes in 6lacs range.

• purvesh shah |31 Jan,2012 09:43:58 PM

hello dear, i m confused between two car, one is nissan micra xv diesel and toyota etios liva gd safty. pls suggest me which car is best in this segment. my budget is 6.5 lakh.

Ritesh Madhok |12 Mar,2012 11:30:09 AM

Our choice would be the Nissan Micra Diesel, its got a better and efficient engine, power is more and the drive quality on the Micra is much better than the Liva.

• mohar partap rana |26 Feb,2012 03:03:03 PM

micra diesel is no.1 in the sagment

• amit kumar |22 Mar,2012 12:57:50 PM

Hi, i want to buy a new diesel car bt i am confused to which car will be suitable for me figo or swift?

• goutam |02 Jun,2012 12:52:42 PM

i want a comparison on nissan micra( diesel model) & maruti swift Diesel model)

• viral shukla |04 Nov,2012 10:36:55 PM

i confused the car between maruti swift , etios liva , nissan micra , volkswagen polo . which is the best car in diesel car . please suggest me 1 best diesel car .

• nithin |21 Nov,2012 03:44:50 PM

planning to buy a disel car ranging b/w 6-7.5 lakhs ..planning for swift dezire LDI any better cars and suggestions ..let me know thanks

Nissan Micra review scorecard