Nissan Micra Active A Good Family Car

By for Nissan Micra Active from Ahmedabad 2013-07-04 11:36:24.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Good seating Capacity, large boots space

Cons : lacks safety features

I had to buy a car and I thought that Nissan Micra would be a good choice for me but it was not affordable. Then I got to know about Nissan Micra Active, which is a new variant launched by the company. I thought why Nissan cars has developed Nissan Micra Active. Then I came to know that the features of this variant are same as Nissan Micra but it is cost effective. Even the price of the top variant of the car is lower than the base variant of the new Nissan Micra. I bought the base version of Nissan Micra Active as it was in my budget though it lacks some features, which are available in the other variants like CD Player, Power Windows, Central Locking. But if we talk about its good features then the car has a powerful 1.2 liter petrol engine which can deliver the power of 75bhp. The transmission type is manual and gearbox is 5 speed. The power steering of the car is adjustable. The top speed of the car is 158kmph and it can accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph in 15.2 seconds. The car delivers a good mileage of 15kmpl in the city and 18kmpl on highway.   This is a good car for my family as it is a five seater and boot space is also 251-litres which is quite large to put our luggage and go for a long drive. Now if we come to the safety features then the car has few of them. The car includes airbags, passenger side rear window mirror, Halogen lamps, adjustable seats and many others. The main security feature that is unavailable in the car is the anti lock brake system or ABS which is available in the two top models.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this November
  • Naren |07 Jul,2013 03:48:58 PM

Mr Ankur! Nice to get through your review. Its true that the car offer attractive features at affordable price under proven brand of Nissan. Am looking for a new car in this segment & hence going through various users reviews. Its hardly talked good about micra, due its poor suspension, gear box and post-sell service. As an user, whats your experience on these apsects? -Naren

• VP Vaiphei |14 Jul,2013 06:44:45 PM

Dear Ankur, does the base model really have an air bag? If so please inform me. i am about to buy it in one month frm nw and want to knw it. Why it is so too difficult to get accurate inf on this car i wonder.!!

Sandesh |22 Jul,2013 09:17:48 PM

Dear Vaiphei, Micra Active comes in 4 variants - XE, XL, XV & XV Safety (all petrol 1.2L engine). You can download the brochure from Nissan's website To answer your question, base model, i.e XE doesn't come with the air bag. XE model price is around 3.5 L ex-showroom Delhi.

• V.P Sharma |11 Aug,2013 04:57:09 PM

Ground clearance is only 164mm .which creates suspicion in smooth plying of vehicle on bumpy roads in hilly terrain . Otherwise it is good and fits in middle class budget.