I am planning to buy a Nissan Micra: Your suggestions?

By for Nissan Micra Active from new delhi 2010-11-26 17:57:18.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Seems impressive

Cons : can not say

Hello Friends, This is the first time ever I am writing a Review on any website and am not very good with the format it should follow. I have been following Nissan Micra recently and am really looking forward to invest in this hatchback. This review is mainly aimed at gathering a genuine feedback on my decision. I am basically looking forward to buy a small cars approximately in the range of 5-6 Lacs but something worth it. This would be my first car ever and am too keen on picking the right stuff. I have been interested in Beat, Swift and Figo as well but somehow have narrowed it down to Nissan Micra. I have heard that the after sales of Chevrolet cars is not good and I cannot afford to struggle on that part. Swift has been here for a while now and every other car on the roads today is Swift so that would not give me a feel of a new car. For Figo I have heard that the engine produces a lot of noise in the cabin and that is unacceptable to me. The first time Nissan Micra caught my attention was when Ranbir Kapoor endorsed in a commercial for the same. Recently  saw a Micra on road and was stunned by its looks and the way it was gliding on the road. I have read a bit about the car on the Internet but as far as investing in cars is concerned, On road performance is the most important area, wherein I would not like to compromise. I am looking forward to some genuine feedbacks from either the existing Micra users or the ones having technical know-how. I hope my decision proves right!

• siddharth |30 Nov,2010 07:34:33 AM

dude ford figo is the best seller in the country (presently )ders absolutely no noise in cabin its a better looking than micra (wat i feel) ,has largest boot and has a very good leg space and common its ford its any day better then nissan micra which has hardly 30 dealers round the country. i am really happy of my decision of having purchased ford figo, test ride it and dont go by what people say, test drive all the cars then zero upon the car which u feel is gud for u .all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

abishek |30 Nov,2010 11:14:12 AM

Nissan Micra is asolutely fabulous..... I owned a Nissan Maxima and wanted to keep the brand loyalty when i moved to india...As of now, Nissan micra is one of the best i have driven so far... i do not kno how it is on the long run because its just 2 mnths since i owned it, but as of now..its awesome....

Karan Sharma |29 Apr,2011 06:32:59 PM

Abhishek you bought micra in 2010 some where near by sep right ? now its been 6 to 7 months how is exprerince till date . regarding the service after sale and about the engine noise as some people says engine makes noice when you start in the morning... i donot know yaar i am very confused i am about to book a car in may mid. kindly tell me about your car experience i really wanted to know about it , and one more thing it would be good if we can speak once as we can share the good words on micra my email is is karansharma.ece@gmail.com kindly if you can email me your number i would be very happy to share your experience as its hard money for us. regards, Karan

• kurien |30 Nov,2010 03:22:43 PM

I own a dezire ldi and bought a micra in august.Now I do not feel like driving the dezire as it is like driving a truck.Micra is so smooth and an ideal city car.Service centres are few right now and in a metropolis like chennai where it is manufactured there is only 1 dealer compared to maruiti which has over the years set up in every nook and corner

• karan |02 Dec,2010 08:07:31 PM

the nissan micra is pretty good car as it is your first car u can go for the all new skoda fabia or i20,swift...........i would suggest u go for the swift or even the new toyota etios..........its really good...

• vikram |10 Dec,2010 01:34:31 AM

Micra is the best ...

• thamaya |16 Dec,2010 06:16:03 PM

I am looking for a vehicle within 5.5lakh. Im confused between i20, fabiam,polo and punto. Also i am thinking of going for 2nd hand verna within this budget. Please give ur feedback on this.

• SUNIL AGARWAL |26 Dec,2010 03:26:13 PM

dont buy . have a test drive. Also you can speak to me on 9437064380

• smohan |01 Mar,2011 10:31:41 AM

I am interested to present a car to my daughter who is going to marry a doctor soon. I narrowed down to Maruti Dzire ( Diesel ). But now i am considering Nissan-micra . seeking guidance from the experienced owners of these cars reg. Dzire vs nissan

Atheist |26 Jul,2013 12:22:58 AM

I would suggest you to go for this lil cute and powerful machine as this will be the best in city drives. I have opted to get it as I am mainly looking to driver in Bengaluru city. However I have booked this car today from Trivandrum showroom. :)

• Atheist |26 Jul,2013 12:20:59 AM

Hi all, I've been after a hell lot of reviews, calculations and such to isolate the best car in this segment. I had BRIO, Beat and i20 in mind. But when the 2013 Nissan Micra Active facelifted Avatar launched I didn't have to think twice. I made up my mind to go with this machine to play hard. Today I booked the car from Trivandrum showroom and expected delivery is within 3 weeks. the test drive gave me a really nice experience. Will update more and give you the best reviews based upon the first drive of mine... Its gonna be my first ever car in my life. So anxiously waiting for the car to deliver :)

Varghese Jose |06 Aug,2013 12:43:42 PM

HI Atheist, Can i know your experience with NISSAN MICRA ACTIVE??? What about maintenance & Spare parts???

Atheist R B |09 Aug,2013 12:22:43 AM

Hello Varghese, I am still waiting for the delivery, hopefully next week. The sooner I get some hands-on will update you and will be writing a review about the same. Thank you :)

• Sathya |07 Oct,2013 07:03:00 PM

Hi Atheist, have you got the car delivered? Please do share your experience..