Rating of Nissan Micra Active

Great Value for Money Car

A
Anubhav Razdan
On: Nov 25, 2016 | 68 Views

I was in the market to buy a value for money car, within a budget of 6 lacs. After test driving almost every car in the market, I narrowed down on the Honda Brio and Nissan Micra.

I wasn't going for Maruti or Hyundai models due to their poor build quality in this budget - evident from the extremely poor Euro NCAP crash test results.

The pros of this Car?

(+) Premium fit and finish:

the interiors are not the most good looking but they do look like they will last for a long time.

(+) Looks:

Okay some people consider the car to be feminine-looking, but I actually like the looks. The dominance of round/circular elements in the design have lead to her name - Bubbles!

(+) excellent interior quality + space:

1.5 years/25,000 kms and no rattles or squeaks absolutely.

(+) good handling, ride quality:

easily takes in most potholes/road problems, unlike most other cars in this range that bottom out.

(+) no compromise on safety features:

Airbags, ABS, Electronic Brake Distribution, Brake Assist = 4/5 star EuroNcap rating.

(+) easy on maintenance:

Have not spent more than 3000 rupees on any servicing visits to the authorised dealership.

(+)Mileage:

I return more than 13kmpl, in the worst of Delhi-Gurgaon office traffic.

Now for the Cons:

(-) The tyres:

a wider set of tyres (175/185 instead of the current 165s) can help further improve comfort and handling. Will be upgrading as soon as I am done with the original set. Also, Alloys are not even an option on the top model!

(-) Not the most fun car to drive:

This is a car built to be driven sedately. The engine is just not tuned/doesn't have the energy to be driven fast.

Most people would not consider the car because they don't know Nissan. But if you can overlook that lack of Brand recognition, this is a great car to go for. Also, Nissan has been making serious efforts to improve in the areas of service and customer relationship. I've seen a marked improvement since the time I bought the car.

Other Micra Active Reviews

• V
    Viney
    On: May 17, 2017 | 271 Views

Revealing the mileage truth

When you choose nissan micra active, it is only for the reason they have it in competitive price. I agree this v... ...Read More

On: Aug 02, 2016 | 161 Views

VALUE FOR MONEY

We bought nissan micra active xvs . it has a good performance and it is also fun to drive . sometimes even we al... ...Read More

Nissan Micra Active Further Research