Best car for safety + affordability

By for Nissan Micra Active 2016-07-02 13:47:06.0
  • Appearance

I was in the market to buy a car for rough, daily use. It was to be used 95% of the times in the city, during peak traffic hours. So safety features, ease-of-driving and low maintenance cost were top priorities. Happy to report that the Micra, who is affectionately called "Bubbles" has lived up to all these expectations. I've had her now for about a year and >16,000kms. Love: - dual airbags - ABS, EBD, Brake Assist (you don't know how important they are, unless you've actually seen them work in emergency) - Fuel Economy: >12kmpl, while it is driven in peak Delhi-NCR traffic - The way this car handles and takes in the potholes as well as the highway stability. - The space on the inside: I am 6 feet tall and drive with my seat set up quite far away from the steering. Yet I can sit behind the driver's seat comfortably. This car can easily take 4 well-fed 6 footers. - The colour! Could be better: -Power from the engine. - Features on the inside (steering mounted controls, climate control etc) - Bad quality tyres: my lot had the 165 70R14 MRF ZVTS, which are quite noisy. Looking to upgrade to 185mm, 15 inch Michelin s soon.