Awesome decision.

By for Maruti S-Cross 2017-05-30 20:37:59.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Spacious. Comfortable ride. Fully loaded.

Cons : 1.3 DDIS 200 is not ment for racing. Suspension is a mixed feel being on stiffer side.

We were to buy a new car when we shifted to Bangalore. Owning a Figo Titanium 2010 and XUV 5OO W6 2013 which we parted after moving out from IIT KANPUR.our choice was for an SUV as only one car will be serving our all purpose for the family of 4. So we zeroed in at duster, nissan and creta as my wife didn't want another XUV. Terrano was finalized. So on 21st March, 2017 whole family went to nissan showroom to give the down payment. As the showroom executive was on lunch and we were seated in waiting area for lunch to finish, we decided to give a visit to adjoining NEXA showroom. So a woman RM greeted us and showed us all 3 offerings from NEXA. As soon as my wife got seated in a cross she went into deep silence for a second or two. And then a lame voice came out of her mouth - " Suno, Kya hum ye car le sakte hain?" And rest is history for me. While I was not very interested in Maruti offering, I have to go for my home ministers Word. So now that down payment was utilized in NEXA and on 28th March s cross was delivered to us. Now frankly I adore her decision. Driving aesthetics of this car is simply awesome. Minimal body roll which was huge in XUV. Ample space and beautiful and premium crafted cabin. Did 5 k in odo in 48 days. Car drives like a charm. Surprisingly drives well when loaded with all occupants and a good amount of luggage. So no regrets now and got hands on a really nice car by sheer luck.

• harshit gupta |12 Jun,2017 02:11:49 PM

i am also planning to buy scross, is it really worth to spend 9 lakhs as vitara breeza is also an option??

kamalesh |28 Jun,2017 04:43:20 PM

Go for it if you are in a hurry, or wait for 4 more months till face-lifted version launches, either way you will never regret in long term. Brezza is also good but a mass market product, no match with S-cross

• sayed khan |14 Jul,2017 05:21:56 PM

I have booked S CROSS( Zeta) , Should I wait for New Facelift S CROSS. I can wait for better Version.Showroom Executive told me that they don't know when it will launch.

manjunath |23 Sep,2017 02:42:01 AM

It is always better to wait and get a new model.It will be available from end september

• shoukath |11 Oct,2017 09:36:54 AM

Hi, i have swift 2013 vdi .... driven around 82 k and planning for a upgrade but little confused which one to opt for. I have short listed verna and s cross.... but more confused because the new s cross comes with 1.3 litre engine which i use in my swift and when i think about service point i feel maruti is better. Need some suggestion and advice which one to opt for.... we are looking for the city drive and occasionally highway drive.

• Subrata Basu |11 Oct,2017 03:09:41 PM

Most disappointing for me that I have SWIFT VXI / F8 engine, 1.3L (2006 model). If, I will go for S-Cross then again it will be a 1.3L DDIS 200 Smart Hybrid Diesel Engine, 66Bhp, 1248/4 CC. So, there will not be sufficient power, according to the kerb weight. Maruti Suzuki should continue at least 1.6L engine for this vehicle.

• Dr.S.K.Tiwari |16 Oct,2017 04:10:22 PM

Till now car not delivered to me. But to see the 1st look of latest S cross, I forgotten the power of Ecosport, Honda wrb. I paid the amount and waiting the allotment. I enquire from my friends and the advice me that you are on right direction.

• Binu |21 Oct,2017 05:00:22 PM

Is it wise to buy a diesel S Cross or wait for the Petrol version? Can anyone advise me?