1.3 Zeta S cross, a Diamond Car!!!

By for Maruti S-Cross 2015-2017 2017-08-14 00:26:57.0
  • Appearance

I am from Ahmedabad. I was having i10 for almost 7.5 years and then I was thinking for a new car. One thing I was very clear that I did not want to go for Sedan car due to edge old presence and limited choice in this segment between, City, Verna, Ciaz and Vento. I wanted something different than Sedan and I decided to go for SUV. Again the choices were limited and were between Ecosport, Creta and Duster. When I started studying cars over net and visiting dealers places, S cross was not in race and I had almost finalized Ecosport due to fitting ( with little bit of stretching, my budget was within 10 L and Eco titanium on Road was 10.5L ) in my budget and also having all the superior spects. Incidentally, I visited Nexa and seen S cross and I found Interesting so it was then between Eco Vs Scross. Though again all set to go for Eco due to its dashing outlook, engine, power, torque etc...Finally, I decided to go for S cross mainly due to its a featured packed car compared to Eco and mainly higher features like cruise control, voice control, navigation for the model which I was comparing between titanium Eco and Zeta S cross. However, when I finally decided to go for S cross and made payment, i was bit shaky for my decision and was still thinking for Eco. But when I got my car and started driving, my goodness, It proved my decision RIGHT. It gave me all the luxurious car features, driving comfort at affordable price ( 9.6L 1.3 Zeta) and made me feel a wise guy. The Nexa experience was also good. I did not go for creta due to budget constraint and duster due to its edge old 1990 style interior. However, I had a test drive of both the cars and found very pleasant. Pros : As I mentioned, its featured pack car, good driving experience on highway. Touch screen system is amazing with features like voice control and navigation. This 1.3 L having 200 Nm torque engine offers good pick up on highway, good suspensions, superb cruise control offers very pleasure driving, good breaking system. Decent outlook. Good leg space.

Cons : Bit sluggish operation in city road and traffic, higher noise level inside cabin, some more features could have been added like rear AC vent, remote trunk and fuel lead control, projected head lamps, follow me function and bit powerful engine. The same engine is there in baleno, dzire, brezza does not make any distinguish between this premium Cross over and above cars. Interior is more of swift or baleno. After sales is still with normal Maruti dealer and not with Nexa.

Conclusion : Though it is only a week time that I got S cross, I would say its a Diamond car in this segment and one should go for 1.3 Zeta model without any hesitation. It will not disappoint you. However, If your budget is around 12 L, go for Eco sports titanium plus or 1.6 L S cross.

• Mihir |22 Aug,2017 09:09:29 PM

Hi Jasmin, Great deal at 9.6L for Zeta. Did you get exchange bonus or what ? You bought post GST and AMC was included in 9.6L ?

• VIKRAM BHARDWAJ ADVOCATE |28 Sep,2017 12:26:59 PM

I am Vikram bhardwaj AD from kurukshetra i am in confusion before buying S Cross Zeta on june 2017.i feel it is better decision to buy it preffer over Brezza,eco sport,WRV etc.NOW i love to drive s cross being spacious,interior,bootspace.And driving pleasure with ease and good mielage of 20 kmpl .And moreover car of 4.5 metre length in this price is valuable.PLEASE Dont go for trend of market chose the Car of comfort and differ style.And driving in hilly area much easier due break in 4 tyre,Abs,