In India we have kind of a ritual, wherein things are passed on from generation to generation in a family. My Swift used to be my father's car actually which I got a hold of because of this ritual. Now ten years old and I don't remember the last time it had broken down.
I still remember the day Swift was launched in India back in 2006 and how it had taken the Indian car market by a storm. It had become so popular that almost every third car you see on Delhi streets was a swift.
Now coming to the review part:-
1. The after-sales and easy availability of Maruti Suzuki parts.
2. Awesome go-kart like, the handling of the car is way better than its direct competitors like the Hyundai i20 which has a very light steering with no feedback at all.
3. The acceleration of the car has sufficient punch for overtaking manoeuvres in the city and triple digits on the highway come easy as well
4. Design- At the time of Altos and 800s the styling of the Swift proved to give a refreshing look to the hatchback segment in India.Though it looks a bit dated now, the Swift 2017 will do wonders to the Indian car market for sure.
5. Mileage- Mileage has always been the trump card for Maruti. The authorised service centre in almost any place you can imagine in the country. With a company claim of around 19 km/l, getting around 16-17km/l in Delhi traffic looks like a fair deal for a petrol car.
6. Space and comfort- The Swift, majorly because of the tall boy stance, boasts of sufficient head room. The seats are well cushioned and comfy and there is a decent amount of legroom in the front as well in the back.
7.Maruti's trust - This is the main factor why people in India buy a Maruti Suzuki. The car is a one-time investment. You just have to buy it and forget about it. I don't remember the last time this car gave me any problem.With a total of 3136 service centres around India, you don't need to have a worry on your mind, and if that is not enough every mechanic in India repairs Maruti cars.
1. The Swift's body is on the lighter side with the front and the rear bumpers being weak.
2. Fitting three people in the backseat could become a problem because of the presence of the transmission tunnel.
Now summing up: As you can read Maruti Suzuki Swift is a no fuss and a practical car.It may not have the gadgetry of a Hyundai i20 or the torque of a Volkswagon Polo, ut it has this sheer simplicity which is the reason why Maruti Suzuki has sold more than 5 million units of the Swift worldwide.
Maruti Swift despite being a hatchback is quite spacious and we three ...
I bought maruti swift in 2007 and since then till today enjoying every...
Swift is first and forever car. Driving swift is like you are a pilot ...
Swift has been one of the hot favourite hatches in India for the past ...
I got my Swift on 11-December 2015 and now I have completed 1,70,000 k...
It will help us serve you better content and best deals