It's An Honour To Own The Hatchback
The car is a depreciating asset so please invest smartly.
Let me put forward my thought-process which helped me to analyse all the available options out there and then finalise the best suitable one which can satisfy my requirement.
Looking at the Indian automobile market which flooded with various players to confuse me, I started off with analysing the road transport conditions in India and then thought of finalising the most suitable one.
I concluded following points through my analysis –
1. Internal-city roads are majorly narrow and bumpy.
2. Speed-breaker size is not standard across the road.
3. Heavy traffic during peak hours.
4. The presence of potholes and sudden turns on roads.
5. Slippery roads due to the wet surface caused by rain or oil leakage on road.
6. Accident-prone and dangerous highways.
7. Undisciplined behaviour of fellow riders.
8. Parking crunch in dense locality.
I could figure out acceptance criteria to decide the category and features of the car as below-
- The car should be compact in size to save the space.
- Car's ground clearance should be higher enough to cross speed breakers without kissing them.
- A compact car having strong pick-up can be cruised more effectively.
- Handling of the car should be smooth and efficient yet powerful while you are behind the wheel.
- The car should have Airbags installed for safety purpose and wheels should be powered with ABS to ride in a controlled manner in emergency situations.
I could figure out from above criteria that I need a powerful hatchback loaded with necessary safety features.
Now, which brand to go for?
Considering brand value, my budget, maintenance cost and resale value of the car I finalise to go for Maruti-Suzuki.
Other brands may appear attractive due to their marketing strategy but they fail in after-sales services. They recover their margin through the service centres and parts which cost you comparatively high.
After knowing the road-transport conditions listed above, I think, there is no point in going for a luxury sedan unless you want it for show off or have no space to store that extra money.
Why Swift Vxi Optional?
1. One of the maturely evolved product of Maruti Suzuki which is ruling the hatchback segment since a decade
2. Sporty exterior and decent interior design
3. Sufficient ground clearance.
4. Availability of service centres and parts in affordable price.
5. Easy to customise with various ideas and themes available in the market due to longer presence.
6. Petrol variant for a smooth and crispy ride through city traffic.
7. 4 cylinder engine to experience that powerful punchy ride on highways with moderate fuel efficiency.
8. Company fitted music system of decent sound quality.
9. ‘Optional’ model comes with ABS and Airbag installed.
10. No need to add after-market electronic accessories.
11. A perfect variant of Swift loaded with a useful feature which is available in budget price.
- 5 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Other Swift Reviews
It is Great Car. I am very much comfortable with it's performance.Pick up, running and road grip excellent. ...Read More
- 25 Likes
- 3 Dislikes
Maruti Swift is a well matured car on Indian roads since a decade! This review is coming out of comparison of S...Read More
- 7 Likes
- 1 Dislikes