• Appearance

I brought a used A-Star Vxi, about two months back as I have been posted out of my hometown and do not intend to buy a new car, so that I can sell it back before leaving. I used a Figo at my home in Kolkata.This is a August 2010 car which has dopne around 9000 kms, from the Maruti True Value. Although it would not be fair to compare these two cars, since the Figo is new, but I still end up comparing them. Frankly I'm surprised that the A-Star can give competition to the Figo in most aspects. It gives you a zippy drive in the city and on highways it performs very stable.The car also has a great pick-up (when the AC is not on). Am not very keen on chekcing the mileage as my fuel expenses are born by my employer, but I have checked and found that the A-Star has a great mileage compared to my Figo. Moreover the car has a very stylish sporty look, though this makes it compromise on the space. Im around 5'11 and have difficulty when I drive as the steering wheel touches my knees. Also If I push the seat back, there is hardly any space left in the rear. The Figo has superb space inside. Another thing is the Servcie levels of Maruti which is awesome. My wife has already banged the car twice and the service guys are always keen to help us and if requested properly they would repair things for a negligible amount. As it is Maruti service is quite cheap compared to otehr brands. The interior of the car also gives the car a European feel / look with trendy seat covers and respectable quality of the dashboards and MP3 player. Also the Dashboard is illuminated in Red, which is something I appreciate. The Vxi is also loaded with features like Key Off and Lights alarm which are not there in expensive versions of other brands including the Figo. Overall, I would recommend this car to a small family for regular driving as well as for people using it for Weekends. On current thoughts I feel like taking this car back to my hometown instead of dumping it, depending on how well it behaves in the long run!!

Comments Maruti A Star
  • Moumita |30 Jan,2012 07:17:37 PM

Hey, recently I drove this car on the NH4 from Bangalore to Chennai and back. I clocked a constant speed of 80 to 100 kmph. Now the great News. Me and my Husband managed 22.5 Km/pl mileage. I think this beats all personal records of the cars we have.

Prafulla |16 Jul,2012 11:51:20 PM

i think its possible wth a star only

• alfred melckior |17 Jul,2012 09:46:21 AM

I want to know what would be your best peice on road after considering all your discounts; as I am interested in cash payment. Also please note that I want to exchange my old Maruti 800 which I bought in the year 2000; and it has hardly run around 1 lakh km. What would be the exchange value of my old car. How much discount you will give: Like dealer discount, loyalty bonus, Exchange bonus, cash discount, discount on insurance, registeration and other charges. Finally, how many days will it take for taking delivery of the vehicle to be on road. Regards, Alfred Melckior

• Raghu Banerji |09 Nov,2013 07:57:08 PM

I have a Maruti Suzuki A-Star, VXi 2009 model in 'As New' condition. Done less that 2100 km since I am a US Citizen & stay in India for short durations and drive around our Ballygunge/Southern Avenue/Golpark areas. It is scratch less & dent free. Original everything. Extra accessories. Engine checked by Maruti to be perfectly okay. Can I expect Rs.3,00,000 ?

Maruti A Star review scorecard