Mahindra Thar Jeep

By for Mahindra Thar 2010-2015 from Vijayawada 2012-05-21 13:15:16.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Exteriors and looks of the Jeep, rough and tough for a rugged terrain

Cons : Shabby and poor quality Interiors

We have some farms in the interiors, where taking our city cars is not a very wise thing to do because of the rough and rugged terrain. Due to this we have had Jeeps since ever. We used Mahindra Jeep Classic, then changed to Mahindra Bolero and now finally we have the Mahindra Thar. While I write I realize how we have stuck to Mahindra India for so long. Anyway we found no reason to switch the brand plus the performance that Mahindra cars give on off-roads is commendable. The experience of Thar is so pleasant that I thought I’ll share it with others and so here I am writing about it. Look and Style No matter how many SUVs one drives but the feeling that a Jeep can give while off-roading, that’s incomparable. Mahindra Thar is a very good looking Jeep. Though, I agree that the interiors are not that pleasant and are of a little cheap quality. The interiors are a complete let down. Thar isn’t a cheap vehicle so therefore I personally expected better interiors but I guess the performance covers up.   Comfort The back of the Jeep is compact and can fit only 3 people and if you are accompanied by tall people, then you can accommodate only 2. The front seats though have enough leg room. The ride quality is pretty decent.  As mentioned that the interior quality is poor, the seats aren’t very comfortable.  Now I heard that the Mahindra has come out with the Mahindra Thar AC version. This is happy news for people like us who have to spend a good amount of time in the Jeep in the scorching sun. Though my Thar is new but I guess I would want to take it to the Used Cars showroom soon.   Pickup The pick-up of the Jeep is nothing great. As reviews claim, it can accelerate up to 155kmph but after 100kmph the Jeep feels a vibration. The power and torque of the car is such that cruising is smooth and comfortable.   Mileage The mileage that the Jeep is offering is about 8kmpl.   Best Features The exteriors of the car are very good and rough. Rough is a point that is liked by some and disliked by some. For me the exteriors are great. And the look of the Jeep is something that I can never get over so I am very happy with that.   Needs to improve Interiors. By far this is the biggest disappointment in the Jeep. Along with this, if some tweeks can be made that help improve mileage, then that would be an added advantage.   Overall Experience For me the experience of the Thar is commendable. I find it really pleasant and a good drive for the terrain that it is meant for. Though my Jeep has seen the highway only once, but the performance of the Mahindra Thar on the highway was also quite good.